Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

does xbox live work with any mobile broadband provider

• 18-10-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

as above

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

gar1234 wrote: »
    as above

Friend of mine plays xbox live with one of those o2 mobile broadband things, its not great, he gets some serious lag and random disconnects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Works fine for me to download demos etc. with O2 mobile BB.

Good signal (attic conversion) is probably some help with this though.

Haven't tried any multiplayer stuff yet tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Depends what speed you're getting. I had one from 3 and it was fine most of the time. But it will be laggy from time to time.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I can't even connect to Live with 02 mobile broadband.

Keeps failing the IP stage.

Tried googling for a solution and it seems to affect a lot of people.

No one really knows a remedy so it's hit or miss with mobile broadband really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

To be honest with you all. Your wasting your money with the mobile BB. For a start online gaming isn't so much to do with Download speeds but upload. And all those mobile BB have useless upload speeds. And if you do get into a game the host will boot you for lagging out the game for everyone else. Might be ok for downloading demos. But you might as well just buy a magazine with a demo disc. 5gig download limit too. You will get killer bills.

As for the guy with the connection issue. Try setting up a static IP. if its even possible with mobile dongles.

All in all mobile bb is what it is. For using a laptop while in a coffee shop, airport or train. Not for gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Would anyone know any guides for this? I can't get broadband where I live (surprise! surprise! Donegal). I've heard that 3 mobile broadband should be covered in my area now so I'd like to try that. Don't worry I have no plans of multiplayer so won't be causing any lag for anyone, I just want to download some DLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

i use 02s bb and ive never had any problems with ie can even host small party games 3/4 players max but i dont usuall.how are u connecting to xbox live??what version of windows do u have on your laptop??

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Thats the point I'm asking. How do I connect to xbox live with mobile broadband?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Thats the point I'm asking. How do I connect to xbox live with mobile broadband?

You have to set up internet connection sharing on your PC then plug the ethernet cable between your PC and your Xbox.

THen might work and it might not.
    It's all down to luck really.

Advertisement