Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay and bonus deals equivalent to 10% of US government bail-out package

Options
  • 18-10-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

Pay and bonus deals equivalent to 10% of US government bail-out package
    Financial workers at Wall Street's top banks are to receive pay deals worth more than $70bn (£40bn), a substantial proportion of which is expected to be paid in discretionary bonuses, for their work so far this year - despite plunging the global financial system into its worst crisis since the 1929 stock market crash, the Guardian has learned.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/17/executivesalaries-banking

How on earth is this acceptable? I'm not shocked though, banks have been ripping the working class off for years and this is just another more open act of daylight robbery of the ordinary tax paying americans!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

How on earth is this acceptable? I'm not shocked though, banks have been ripping the working class off for years and this is just another more open act of daylight robbery of the ordinary tax paying americans!!

Yes it is and both the Democrats and Republicans both rammed it through. Obama and McCain BOTH pimped it to everyone. The latter proving that Obama is not the great white hope everyone is jumping up and down about both in America and over here.
    This proves that pretty much the people that run things are bought and sold (for relatively little) partially by Wall Street (and it aint much better over here either). I think Obama got a few million more than McCain in contributions from Wall Street.
    Thats why I keep saying that these people need to be dragged into the street. They aren't ever going to look out for our interest and I think it's the only thing they will understand.

Advertisement