Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Spanish Mobile from VF Irish mobile/landline?

• 18-10-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the cheapest way to call a Spanish mobile from a VF Irish mobile? Also are there any companies like airtalk.ie that offer a access number for cheap landline to Spanish mobile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

I used to call a landline (call13434.ie) from my mobile, which cost 19c a minute with Meteor, then call13434.ie would charge 12c a minute to call a Spanish mobile (0.5c a minute to a Spanish landline.) A bit awkward to call as you had to call 13434.ie first and then dial the full 00-34-xxxxxxxx Spanish number followed by #, but well worth it as it was less than half the price that Meteor used to charge to call directly to a Spanish mobile from a Meteor mobile.

If you have an Eircom landline in Ireland, then it's even cheaper.

Note: no affiliation with call 13434.ie, other than being a satisfied customer, etc. etc.
    I have no idea what Meteor now charge to call landlines or Spanish mobiles for that matter, so this info could be past its sell-by date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Calls aren't too expensive from the mobile http://www.vodafone.ie/worldwide/index.jsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Hey, those international prices aren't bad at all - 15c for calling a landline and 30c for a mobile - they've certainly come down loads since I last looked...

But I always wonder when I see charts like that why it's less than half the price -- indeed, sometimes one-fifth of the price! -- to call a landline in Hungary than it is to call a local landline in Ireland with Vodafone pre-pay rates... :pac:

http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

19c cheapest call to Irish landline, 49c most expensive. Ouch.

Advertisement