Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MMA an fittness team in waterford

• 18-10-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Black Hawk MMA FIGHT TEAM
    are starting up in Waterford city in the next week or two.
    We have already had our first league outting in Kilkenny
    and done very well, so now we are going to move on with setting up a club
    and start getting new people into the sport. Anyone interested in getting
    into mixed martal arts of just for fittness in the Waterford area drop us an e-mail to tony at blackhawkmma@live.com for times and info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

black hawk mma class on wednesdays at 6.30pm to 8.00pm and 7.30pm to 9.00pm fridays in tycor kickboxing gym come on down mixed martial arts it could be for you.info at blackhawkmma@live.com :)

ladys class coming soon also if you would like to try this new sport mail me for info at blackhawkmma@live .com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

why can't the girls train with the lads?

Dan133269 wrote: »
    why can't the girls train with the lads?

all are welcome girls and boy and they can train together if they like :eek:
    if interested just mail for info tony at blackhawkmma@live.com

black hawk mma class on wednesdays at 6.30pm to 8.00pm and 8.00pm to 9.30pm fridays in tycor kickboxing gym come on down mixed martial arts it could be for you.info at blackhawkmma@live.com or call tony <number removed - PM poster for the number!>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

do ye take people with feck all training or do ya have to have a bit of training in something ? Sounds interesting

its always good to have some martal art training under your belt
    but most of the people i have training are new to the sport and all training will be given so it wont matter what level your at when you start so call up
    an give it a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Seán - You can pop down with me sometime. I have to pop down myself for a look. You'll be fecked with all the smoking you do though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

I'm thinking of starting after xmas for fitness :( what's the cost? is it a yearly membership or pay per session?

its a pay per session 7euro for a hour and a half :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

cool you'll prob see me there in the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

so what do ye do? like half hour strikes then half hour grappling or just kinda circut training type of class?

Sound cool though i'll prob give it a shot, i've been doing martail arts and oter stuff for about 4 years now, but i dont like competing, do i have to compete if i go up to ye?

We work on grappling and submissions one night and stand up and mma the next night with some fittness to add for pain :) and you dont have to compete its up to you how far you want to go in the sport and what you would like to take out of it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I think I did this once or twice back in primary school. Something iv always had an interest in but wouldnt be as fit as others and probably wouldnt have the stamina to carry through with something like this as much as I would like to. Will consider it tho.

the more the merrier you will enjoy this sport both competing and for fittness i am starting to get alot of interest in the classes now so hope to see alot up after xmas for some hard training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

ah you can count me in anyway, need to get the fitness back up, been doin nothing since september

good man look forward to training with you :)

mma and cage fighting in waterford mail tony at blackhawkmma@live.com or call <number removed> training off tomorrow moving to new gym and we will be training over the christmas in the new place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dlofnep wrote: »
    Seán - You can pop down with me sometime. I have to pop down myself for a look. You'll be fecked with all the smoking you do though!

Yeah must do that bud. All the smoking and drinking probably wont help, but sure feck it, I'll kick the arse of ya lol.

Christmas training on Monday 29th of December at 10.00am
    all are welcome info call tony at <snip - no numbers>

• Advertisement

mma and cage fighting in waterford mail tony at blackhawkmma@live.com
    or call <number removed> training will be back from monday the 5th 6.30pm
    for info drop us a line or call me if you want to give it ago:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

OP: Please don't post mobile numbers in your posts :) thanks!

hi all its time you get all that extra weight off you put on over the christmas the sun holidays are coming fast :(
    by training hard in a fun way circuit training and mixed martial arts
    cage fighting in waterford mail tony at blackhawkmma@live.com or call i cant put my number here so PM me if you would like to give it ago open to women and man :)

I think we are done here. Feel free to contact sales@boards.ie for advertising space, but I cant be giving you a topic to plug your business every few weeks :P You have slowly increased the amount of plugging in a shorter time frame and your last 20 posts have been mostly plugging away. That's considered spamming which can get you site banned!

Best of luck in the new year. :)

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement