Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Petsafe collar

Options
  • 18-10-2008 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

The Dobies have pulled off my collies electric petsafe collar again. Usually I can find it but after spending over an hour searching every inch of the property I can't find it now - as usual this happens on a Saturday evening. :mad:

I am dreading having to fork out over €100 on another new unit at my local mafia run pet shop. Is there any place online I can get one more cheaply. All the online sites I bring up are in the USA and I am not sure if its feasable to buy one from there considering postage costs and possible different signal frequencies etc. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Slightly off topic, but have you considered building a proper fence, rather than resort to giving your dog electric shocks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

You'd be better off building a proper fence anyway, electric collars aren't guaranteed, I personally know of about five dogs that have gotten loose when the electricity has gone out and I also know of two dogs that have been killed on the road from their owners depending on the collars.

"At PetSafe®, we know that your pets are part of the family. They deserve the same safety, freedom, comfort and care that every family member enjoys".

What safety, freedom, comfort or care does electrocution give a dog?
    And would you really put an electric collar on a member of your family aside from a dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

I dont believe in electricuting your dog to contain it. Good on your dobies im chucking a great big steak their way.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

The dogs never get electric shocks as they know when to keep back. Due to the size of the property building a fence is not feasible. Well it is and I would build one if I had the choice but 'others' around here have decided they don't want the property looking like a fortress.

Even with a fence Id still have the collar though. I have heard of many stories where the dogs have ran out a gate left open by visitors / postman etc while the owner was at work.
    Anyway my boundary as it is would require a very determined effort by the dog to escape and the gate is always closed.

I can't understand the anti electric fence attitude to be honest - ok they may get a bad shock or two at the start but then they know where not to go. I think that's preferable to them being run over by a 4WD.

Ill get a new one tomorrow - give me great peace of mind about my dogs safety. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Hi Alfasud, do your collars make a beeping sound before delivering a correction? if so increase the range on the base unit so the collar will beep, it will be much easier to find if you can listen for it as well as look.
    But make sure to remove the dobies collars first:D

The dogs never get electric shocks as they know when to keep back.

How do they know when to keep back?...From getting shocks.

I can't understand the anti electric fence attitude to be honest

Because they're cruel. Have you experienced the shock yourself?
    Ill get a new one tomorrow - give me great peace of mind about my dogs safety. :)

I sure as hell wouldn't get any peace of mind knowing I had inflicted electrocution on my animals.

Electric collars are just a lazy way out from building a proper fence, or training the dogs.

Advertisement