Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Yaris Car Radio...Jap Import

Options
  • 18-10-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

My sister just got her 1st car...a 2001 Japanese import Yaris. She loves the car but has a small problem: the car radio can only receive 1 channel...RTE Radio 1. I have told her to fiddle around with the tuner but to no avail. Could it be that Jap imports have a different radio and she must change it altogether to receive all channels?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They use a different band for FM radio in Japan (76-90 MHz, we use 87-108). You usually can't change this, though you can get adaptor things (I forget what they call them exactly) to make it work with higher frequencies - the numbers displayed will be wrong but at least it will pick up most stations. Either that or a new stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I had one of those boosters in an old Jap import Corolla. Very easy to install in the corolla but I did a bit of work on the radio in my Grans Yaris and the dash wasn't as accessible.

Explain to them in a motor factors what you want it to do and they will be able sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

bigkev49 wrote: »

Explain to them in a motor factors what you want it to do and they will be able sort you out.

Band Expander :confused: I think..... but they will know what ur on about ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

homer90 wrote: »
    Band Expander :confused: I think..... but they will know what ur on about ...

Yup thats what they are called. My one looked exactly like this.

Band_expander.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Lots of them available on ebay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Thanks all.

Advertisement