Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food science

Options
  • 18-10-2008 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone done food science? what's it like? Is the exams hard to pass? i'm thinking of doing it!!!!!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭xeroshero

dindinium wrote: »
    Anyone done food science? what's it like? Is the exams hard to pass? i'm thinking of doing it!!!!!!!! :D

Hi! I did food science, I graduated last May and am out in the big bad world now! The course content/structure has chnaged alot on the last couple of years but the way it was for me was first yr was (and still is) a general science year - chemistry, physics, biology, maths, economics... Not very food related. Just the odd essay/module taht is food related really. Its just to get a backround. All other AG studnts do this general yr to (animal science, crop productin etc etc, great for getting to know ppl) 2nd yr is alittle more food specific, you will still have about 70% of your classes with the other groups and the subjects will be fairly broad but with more focus on food modules/projects etc. third yr and 4th ye are split into just a food science class and eveything is relevant - biochmistry, nutrition etc etc.

The course is heavy going with long hrs. You will have (roughly) twelve exams a yr (6 @ xmas and 6 at sumer) generally lectures ar rom roughly 9am til around 3pm..ish - all dependent on the days/weeks/yrs....

Its a good course to do but Im not ging lie to y - it is heavy going... You can't really afford to take two or three days of every week... Do you know what you want to do afterwards or is it just the course that interests you Its a good course and graduates o well from it. Is there anything specific you want to ask/know? the AG fculty i one o the best facultes to be a part o - the lecturers re all very nice and supportive an dit is such a small course/faculty (maybe 30 in you final yr class) that its very close knit and close, ver suprtive (as cliche as that sounds!)

Feel free to ask QS... Like I said though - justabre inmind that the course has changed, like whe I was there in 2nd yr - the fist yr structure had alread changed (for the better) and so on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dindinium

Thank you, you were very helpful. :)

Advertisement