Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn Update Thread

Options
  • 18-10-2008 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭

What are you all up to these days?

Me, my mare came down with laminitis a month ago. It wasnt a bad case and theres been no rotation in her pedal bone. She's still very footy though. I walked her out today, and am going to bring her back into work and off box rest very slowly. My aim is to join the local riding club in January and perhaps get the tail end of the hunting season although that depends on her recovery. I havent been riding in ages.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Sharing a gorgeous chestnut mare at the moment.

Good to hear that there is no rotation Fits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

Horses are out thank god, but 2 of them are in at night. One is a mare i rescued and she's in foal, seems to be in foal forever at this stage but at last she's showing signs of springing, so maybe this week things might happen. The other horse i showjump, he's out 3 weeks, had bad colic 2 weeks ago but is fine again. He'll come back in full time in december, xmas day, and will probably get him fit for the 1st of the local shows in February. Not doing anything else horsey between now and xmas except for managing the 2 i've got in and going to Olympia in London, can't wait!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Eshaness

Hello all,
    my main thing at the moment is getting out on the McKen run on Sunday afternoon in south Meath with my mare- great craic! Hoping the ground stays halfway decent for a while longer so can keep going up til Christmas.
    Is a show hallowe'en in Cheval RC aswell this weekend- might head down to that and pop a few jumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Nice idea!!

I'm busy at them moment. Riding 3 most evenings after work. Sold my Cult hero horse. He was badly damaged in Ireland and this weekend he got sold to a nice girl who know his history. My other horse "red" is strating to get fitter and mmore full of himself it thats possible! Have some indoor leagues coming up soon and i will work him untill Christmas and he will get a break. Other than that i am breaking a young stallion by the swedish warmblood "hip-hop". Hardy boy!

I'm enjoying autumn rides out in southern sweden despite the cold!!

[IMG][/img]oz.jpg

This is OZ

Advertisement