Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NICEST COLLEGE AND IT

Options
  • 18-10-2008 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

What would you vote as nicest college and IT????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

id vote for you not using caps.
    is that an option ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

WIT
    The smaller colleges tend to be less bureaucratic and poseurish. The bigger colleges generally have more facilities and clubs and societies.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

notsamhail wrote: »
    is that an option ?

Seconded :D

But anyway the nicest college imo is UL. As in it has the nicest campus...it depends what your looking for I guess. Im biased I know but it is really nice, especially when you compare it to the likes of DCU....Dublins Concrete University anyone?

As for IT's Ive no idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dindinium

notsamhail wrote: »
    is that an option ?

I edited it for you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if you are just going into college... becoming an adult... starting life... you need to start concentrating on the important things.
    So the question you should be asking is where the best looking chicks are.

Edit: heh thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

Best looking people. College is all about new experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

WTF?

Explain "nicest".

Most choice in degrees?
    Highest employment rate after graduation?
    Most research options?
    Most societies?
    Most active societies?
    Most staff?
    Most students?
    Most models employed to swan around and look pretty?
    etc.!

*claws at the sky*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well nicest campus is without a doubt UL (yes I go there but I've seen all the others)

As for degree's well maybe this is just a stereotype but you always consider trinity to be held in high regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I would've thought that DCU's would be nice, it being about two weeks old and all. UL's is nothing fancy, it's comparable to UCC imho. TCD's campus is interesting, but I don't consider it especially nice. Fricken cobblestones.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭damienricefan

I think the one that is nearest is nicest :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I think the one that is nearest is nicest :D

Alas that logic is not afforded to me, the one that is geographically closer is also a pain in the arse to get to, and TCD while is a 15 odd minute DART journey is handier (not to mention nicer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

caesar wrote: »
    Seconded :D

But anyway the nicest college imo is UL. As in it has the nicest campus...it depends what your looking for I guess. Im biased I know but it is really nice, especially when you compare it to the likes of DCU....Dublins Concrete University anyone?

As for IT's Ive no idea.

As for DCU you've clearly no idea. All of DCU's buildings are made from red brick and there's hardly concrete to be seen anywhere. I think you're thinking of UCD mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

I think TCD, and i know i'm very biased here, but i just really like the college. The campus is cool. It's like a mini 15th century village in some parts. The cobble stones, while annoying to cycle over, are really cool and a lot better than regular concrete paths. There are society rooms everywhere like little apartments where you can head in for free beer sometimes. most of the buildiings are cool too. it's the best out of all the ones i've seen anyway, though i haven't seen too many colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Trinity's nice cos it's so compact and you don't have to do too much walking to get anywhere.

...yes I really am that lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Not UL! UCC is so much ncer I think. It's just a beautiful campus and a nice setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

The old campus in NUI Maynooth is beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

UCC and UL are both very nice campuses, but UCC is nicer (because I go there! :D)

Trinity's big advantage is it's location - I don't know how spread out Trinity is but I think a lot of it it right off Grafton St.? (I'm not from Dublin so someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Looks like a nice enough campus, but not sure if it's worth the stigma associated with (that everyone at Trinners is a posh knob! :D)

I've never seen UCD but I've heard from people who go there that it's ugly - one person used the word "Naziesque"! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I think this is a thread of people basically reccomending their colleges:P

Better not break the trend. I think UCC, its a nice place loads of facilies. The campus is really nice. The campus shops are the only place where i am able to get giant cola bottles. The are loads of computers and printing is free etc etc. Plus its well serviced by buses and its near town

EDit: Its not so nice in the rain though.:(

I dunno about the nicest, but the ugliest has to be LIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I've never seen UCD but I've heard from people who go there that it's ugly - one person used the word "Naziesque"! :pac:

No no no the UCD libary is a beautiful looking building:pac:

Seriously though UCD's Quinn Business school and the Medcine are the two nicest college buildings i've seen both inside and out. The Law building in UCD is pretty old castle which is nice on the outside but not great on the inside. TCD is aesthetically beautiful from the outside but much like UCD's law building, certain buildings aren't great inside.

EDIT; UCC has a nice campus too but i didn't go there so not sure about the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

themont85 wrote: »
    No no no the UCD libary is a beautiful looking building:pac:

Seriously though UCD's Quinn Business school and the Medcine are the two nicest college buildings i've seen both inside and out. The Law building in UCD is pretty old castle which is nice on the outside but not great on the inside. TCD is aesthetically beautiful from the outside but much like UCD's law building, certain buildings aren't great inside.

EDIT; UCC has a nice campus too but i didn't go there so not sure about the inside.

the one thing i dont like about UCD is the layout of the college. Everything's too spread out and there's way too much concrete around. I hear the reason there are no squares in UCD is because it was built when student protests and riots were going on all around the world so they designed UCD so that there was nowhere for students to gather and protest. Thats also the reasons for the tunnels underneath, so that staff members could escape in the event of a riot.

themont85 wrote: »
    UCC has a nice campus too but i didn't go there so not sure about the inside.

The library is a really nice building, modern and comfortable, same goes for the student centre, The kane buliding int particularly eye catching to say the least but it is the oldest building on campus so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

The kane buliding int particularly eye catching to say the least but it is the oldest building on campus so..

The Kane Building is the oldest building on campus? Have you visited the quad yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The library is a really nice building, modern and comfortable, same goes for the student centre, The kane buliding int particularly eye catching to say the least but it is the oldest building on campus so....

Lol the Kane is a bit of an eyesore alright! It used to be a jail afaik.
    Amazingly, it won some big architectural award a few years ago. You'd have to wonder how ugly the competition was...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

The university of ulster in jordanstown baby

Ancee wrote: »
    The Kane Building is the oldest building on campus? Have you visited the quad yet?

Ohh ya!lol whoops:D

its the oldest building on campus for actual classes and the like though isnt it??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Baza210 wrote: »
    I would've thought that DCU's would be nice, it being about two weeks old and all. UL's is nothing fancy, it's comparable to UCC imho. TCD's campus is interesting, but I don't consider it especially nice. Fricken cobblestones.
    UL compared to UCC??? you must be joking me, they are completely different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I read 'Incest college...'

Needless to say for about 2.1 seconds I was freaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

the nicest campus is ul by a mile and iv been to all of the uni campuses accept nuig and nuim

the nicest women is a toss up between ucd and ul, i thought it was ucd until i came to ul but man they are hot here

nicest courses? nicest staff? ill leave that up to the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Peleus wrote: »
    the one thing i dont like about UCD is the layout of the college. Everything's too spread out and there's way too much concrete around. I hear the reason there are no squares in UCD is because it was built when student protests and riots were going on all around the world so they designed UCD so that there was nowhere for students to gather and protest. Thats also the reasons for the tunnels underneath, so that staff members could escape in the event of a riot.

are you sure your not mixing up ucd and tcd urban myths? iv heard the protest one about ucd and i know there are tunnels in tcd but iv never heard of tunnels in ucd

Advertisement