Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I doubt he'd come back, he's probably just popped in for a visit.

He's not even connected to anyone in the the Bay anymore, unless Irene dies or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I doubt he'd come back, he's probably just popped in for a visit.

He's not even connected to anyone in the the Bay anymore, unless Irene dies or something!

Oh no please

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oh no please

Irene is indestructible!

All the other sites I've seen this mentioned on all imply he just popped in to say hello.

Irene is indestructible!

All the other sites I've seen this mentioned on all imply he just popped in to say hello.

Nice to see he don't diss the show like others

Nice to see he don't diss the show like others

Yeah I think the more recent actors have a better attitude towards it than ones from ages ago. I suppose the fact they've found success relatively quickly after doesn't hurt. If you're still struggling years later to get any proper career going it's probably going to be annoying that people only want to talk to you about Home and Away.

You must learn lots being on a soap, even if you're on it for the standard 3 year stint you'll probably have to do every emotion known to man at one point or another and constantly working those hours for a few years must give you a decent work ethic. Making a film for 3 or 4 months must seem easy in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

New VJ gave me a fright!
    In other news, we have a new unidentified waitress in the diner for the purposes of avoiding anyone we know overhearing Leah and Marilyn talking about the wedding, and presumably to cover for all of them attending said intimate, secret wedding... sure why not

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

dee_mc wrote: »
    New VJ gave me a fright!

I had to rewind to see him again!!! (and to get another laugh!) :P

I knew the new head was coming but it was still hilarious. Worst cast change since the Hayley's :)

I knew the new head was coming but it was still hilarious. Worst cast change since the Hayley's :)

I remember Pippa losing a few stone and a couple of decades overnight back in the nineties :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

And remember Selena? Didn't she change for a while - and then changed back again which was just bizarre!!

• Advertisement

I know American soaps soras kids but f*cking hell H&A went way overboard with new VJ

I know American soaps soras kids but f*cking hell H&A went way overboard with new VJ

That Australian sun is fierce ageing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

The two actors who play Spencer and Nate are both 25. One character is a high school student the other is a fully qualified doctor in charge of hospital.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    The two actors who play Spencer and Nate are both 25. One character is a high school student the other is a fully qualified doctor in charge of hospital.

Nate is 25??!! Seriously??! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Spencer does look forever too old to be playing a student, borderline ridiculous!

Nate is played by English actor Kyle Pryor born in Surrey in 1989. Was shocked when I read it yesterday as well. He looks more like early thirties.

Nate is played by English actor Kyle Pryor born in Surrey in 1989. Was shocked when I read it yesterday as well. He looks more like early thirties.

He should start using some sort of night cream or something! :P

It's that harsh Australian sun again! Nate should have a word with VJ about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Nate is 25??? Jeez now I feel like a peadophile:eek:

More useless information, the character Vj is supposed to have been born on 30th November 2001 making him 13 this month. The actor Matthew Little, brother in law to Dan Ewing, Heath, is 21. There is an awful shortage of child actors in Oz it would appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

The new Vj looks like he could be leahs boyfriend, its ridiculous!!!

I actually felt really sorry for Matt in today's episode on rte :(

• Advertisement

More useless information, the character Vj is supposed to have been born on 30th November 2001 making him 13 this month. The actor Matthew Little, brother in law to Dan Ewing, Heath, is 21. There is an awful shortage of child actors in Oz it would appear.

"Useless"?! I think you mean really informative! :D

He even looks older than 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

He even looks older than 21

Yeah he does. I had to laugh today when Leah was talking to him,she has to stand on her tippy-toes & strain her neck!

Seriously though,whatever about the 20-somethings being passed off as 16/17 year olds,are we really expected to believe this giant is 13???? 2 years YOUNGER than little Jett???!!

I think we're supposed to assume they've aged him up as well as head transplanting which does happen quite a lot too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

any ideas why the previous VJ left?

messrs wrote: »
    any ideas why the previous VJ left?

Don't know for sure but it may have been a producers decision. The other VJ was too young to work proper hours so could never be involved in any proper story lines. They may have been planning something big for the character and couldn't do it with him.
    Or, maybe the actor wanted to focus on school or something? Sometimes soap kids have no real interest in acting and when they get old enough to have a say they're off.

I can't believe Matt showed the video of Lean and Zac.

I thought it was going to end up getting shown by accident or something. What on earth was he thinking? No sympathy for him at all on this one.

I can't believe Matt showed the video of Lean and Zac.

I thought it was going to end up getting shown by accident or something. What on earth was he thinking? No sympathy for him at all on this one.

Yeah I'm pretty much Matt's biggest fan and I'm struggling here! VJ is a little drama queen though, can't complain I suppose at least they're going with continuity this time :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    VJ is a little drama queen though

Ain't nothing little about him! :rolleyes:
    I laughed when he said yesterday that not everyone was lucky enough to be finishing up school. Eh you should have left years ago mate! :D

• Advertisement

The one scene where VJ wasn't in his uniform was hilarious. His arms were bigger than Leah's head. You really have to question this recast.

Advertisement