Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭KaaaaaaPOW

Breast cancer can make a man give a positive pregnancy test. Don't know if that helps?

Medicine has never been a major worry for the H&A writers. Remember when Sally's kid had a genetic illness and Leah had VJ tested in case he had it too even though she was only a surrogate for Sally and Flynn, not Pipa's actual mother.
    So I checked it their, Cancer can secrete the Hormone. Learn something new everyday.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin
    Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) is a hormone produced by the syncytiotrophoblast, a portion of the placenta following implantation.[1][2] The presence of hCG is detected in pregnancy tests.

Tumor marker[edit]
    Human chorionic gonadotropin can be used as a tumor marker,[26] as its β subunit is secreted by some cancers including seminoma, choriocarcinoma, germ cell tumors, hydatidiform mole formation, teratoma with elements of choriocarcinoma, and islet cell tumor. For this reason a positive result in males can be a test for testicular cancer. The normal range for men is between 0-5 mIU/mL. Combined with alpha-fetoprotein, β-HCG is an excellent tumor marker for the monitoring of germ cell tumors.[citation needed]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

toadfly wrote: »
    Sophie is the biggest pain in the ass.

H&A has many many pain characters at present

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just caught up on Friday's episode and saw half of today's. As much as Maddie annoys me - I actually felt sorry for her when she found out she wasn't pregnant. But the madness that is H&A they just said no you're not pregnant, we don't know what's wrong so just go home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Well Dr Accent visited her afterwards for a chat. Surely he would have had an idea why the blood test showed up the hormone if she wasn't pregnant. Isn't he a Dr of all ailments - but maybe master of none!

I genuinely got such a shock when they went into Sophie's hospital room at the end of today's epidode, was not expecting that at all!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And still I hate her

Oh me too I know its awful but she is the most hateful character HA has ever seen i really wanna slap her.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I genuinely got such a shock when they went into Sophie's hospital room at the end of today's epidode, was not expecting that at all!!

Me too woukd not have guessed it in a million years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Same as that, didn't see that coming at all!

Hannah is a gullible idiot who cant make up her mind first Andy then Nate now Andy again :mad: I hope Ricky isn't put with either Andy or Ash when Brax exits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fantastic health service in Oz, never anyone waiting on a trolley.

• Advertisement

Hannah is a gullible idiot who cant make up her mind first Andy then Nate now Andy again :mad: I hope Ricky isn't put with either Andy or Ash when Brax exits
    I read somewhere that Ash & Denny get together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

It appears that Ricky's bump is actually decreasing in size as the weeks go on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

madmaggie wrote: »
    Fantastic health service in Oz, never anyone waiting on a trolley.

And doctors who can do everything.

Nate can do emergency trauma, gynaecology, cardiology, paediatrics. What a guy!

Love the scenery they are showing of Australia while Brax and that other guy (his name escapes me) are looking for this guy's sister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Love the scenery they are showing of Australia while Brax and that other guy (his name escapes me) are looking for this guy's sister.

I believe his name is Ash.
    The scenery was stunning, we had to pause a few times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looks like Ray Meaghar hasn't been happy with the direction the show has taken over the last few years, and had a word with the producers... Good man Alf! Would be great to see the show get back to basics a bit more - you can't beat the first 12 years or so of Home And Away, so hopefully they listen... Full Article Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Stone the crows, ya flamin' galah!

From the article Ray (Alf) is 70?! I know he has been on the show for so long but to me he has never aged! And Emily Simmons (Marilyn) is 45!

From the article Ray (Alf) is 70?! I know he has been on the show for so long but to me he has never aged! And Emily Simmons (Marilyn) is 45!

I read somewhere on line over the weekend that Emily is expecting her first baby now - I wonder will the write that into the storey line at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought she was older!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Wow I thought she was older too. Do you think someone might contact Maddies parents at all??

Maddie is soooo irritating. I don't think I've ever felt less sympathy for a character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,047 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

messrs wrote: »
    I read somewhere on line over the weekend that Emily is expecting her first baby now - I wonder will the write that into the storey line at all

First baby at 45. :eek:

That's risky. :(

Quazzie wrote: »

She'd apparently given up hope, after several rounds of IVF.
    I'd be surprised if they wrote her pregnancy into the show after what happened to Ada Nicodemau (probably spelt completely wrong, but the actress who plays Leah) so recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Ricky is after adopting a v v annoying cackle in the last few episodes!!!

Gee_G wrote: »

I loggedon to say exactly that! I hated her character in the beginning because of her irritating laugh, it stopped for a while, now it's back with a vengeance!! The poor baba!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ I hated Ricky initially because of that annoying laugh but it stopped after the truth came out about Adam so I assumed it was an in character annoying fake laugh. Sorry to hear it back.

Gee_G wrote: »

was just thinking this watching today's episode, my god she was so annoying!!

Quazzie wrote: »

I hope it all goes well for Emily (who I thought was older)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I hope it all goes well for Emily (who I thought was older)

Love her, great in H & A, also liked her in Emmerdale.

Advertisement