Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope it all goes well for Emily (who I thought was older)

Same here!! Hard to believe she is 45 she looks fantastic for her age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I love Emily's character. She can switch from being really ditsy to very clued in and aware, and still be believable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just watched today's episode (RTE pace), things are about to get weird for Phoebe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Does anyone know how far ahead the UK are with H&A compared to Ireland? I have noticed H&A being advertised a lot more on some of the Sky channels (think they show it on Channel 5 or 5*).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Does anyone know how far ahead the UK are with H&A compared to Ireland? I have noticed H&A being advertised a lot more on some of the Sky channels (think they show it on Channel 5 or 5*).

About two weeks ahead in UK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Great privacy in hospital in Summer Bay. No such thing as getting your chemo in a room with 9 other people while sitting on a chair as in Ireland - Maddie gets a sizeable room all to herself. Wonder what the hell is going on with Phoebe??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ghekko wrote: »
    Great privacy in hospital in Summer Bay. No such thing as getting your chemo in a room with 9 other people while sitting on a chair as in Ireland - Maddie gets a sizeable room all to herself.

Then back on the bus for 3 hour journey home, come back same time tomorrow, cheers.

It's also great as a hospital beside a small town that it has all those facilities available for its patients: A&E, psychiatric, surgery, pre-natal and now chemo. No waiting listings or nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

It's also great as a hospital beside a small town that it has all those facilities available for its patients: A&E, psychiatric, surgery, pre-natal and now chemo. No waiting listings or nothing.

Its a tv show.

How do they pay for all their hospital visits too? Health insurance must be cheap as chips over there... or maybe it's all free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Surely they should be sent to the 'city' for treatment. The city that must not be named.

Its a tv show.

;)

RobertKK wrote: »
    Surely they should be sent to the 'city' for treatment. The city that must not be named.

But "the city" is so far away, people go there and never even come back for a visit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What pace are people at, UK pace or RTE pace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Watching Rte pace...HOLY ****!! What a good ending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Aussie pace... Which is currently 3.5 weeks ahead of the UK, and 4 weeks ahead of RTÉ... There was a 2 month difference there for awhile, but Aus takes a much longer christmas break and they've only been doing 4 episodes a week since they came back for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I'm at RTE pace but I can't resist looking at the spoilers on here so may as well be at Aussie pace coz I know everything that's going to happen!

Aussie pace... Which is currently 3.5 weeks ahead of the UK, and 4 weeks ahead of RTÉ... There was a 2 month difference there for awhile, but Aus takes a much longer christmas break and they've only been doing 4 episodes a week since they came back for some reason.

They've been doing that 4 episodes thing since last year, it's always a double episode on Thursdays. Something to do with footie on TV on Friday nights and I guess they decided to stick to the 4 days once footie season was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

They've been doing that 4 episodes thing since last year, it's always a double episode on Thursdays. Something to do with footie on TV on Friday nights and I guess they decided to stick to the 4 days once footie season was over.

Yeah I know there's usually only 4 days of episodes but they still get 5 episodes in to those 4 days, but the past few weeks there's only been 1 episode on a Thursday as well so they've had 4 total every week since mid-February and will until at least mid-March... Maybe they'll do 6 episodes a week for awhile after that to make up for it, which they did in the lead up to the Christmas finale with a double on Wednesday and on Thursday...

^ Opps, sorry, didn't realise that. Maybe they've cut it to 4 episodes a week, which could explain how
    they say Brax will be on screen for most of the year despite having already finished filming before Christmas.
    I was going on 5 eps a week probably taking him up to July or August but if they're only doing 4 it could add an extra month or so to it?

• Advertisement

^ Opps, sorry, didn't realise that. Maybe they've cut it to 4 episodes a week, which could explain how
    they say Brax will be on screen for most of the year despite having already finished filming before Christmas.
    I was going on 5 eps a week probably taking him up to July or August but if they're only doing 4 it could add an extra month or so to it?

They'll have to go back to 5 week at some point or by the end of April the UK and Ireland will have to cut back to 4 a week as well...

That was something else today, the ending even though you could see it coming , the camera angles and cut shots along with the dramatic narration from Maddie overlapping it all, was tremendous!

I haven't watched this show in ages, think I've been hooked back in! :D

They'll have to go back to 5 week at some point or by the end of April the UK and Ireland will have to cut back to 4 a week as well...

True, although the UK/Ireland tends to take a big break over the summer but they'd have caught up by then... I dunno?

EDIT: I've just had a look at the Back To The Bay forums and they don't seem to know what's going on either but there seems to be some notion that it'll be back to 5 eps a week by April.

True, although the UK/Ireland tends to take a big break over the summer but they'd have caught up by then... I dunno?

EDIT: I've just had a look at the Back To The Bay forums and they don't seem to know what's going on either but there seems to be some notion that it'll be back to 5 eps a week by April.

Good to hear. Hopefully it will be anyway... and maybe we'll get 6 episodes a week again in November/December to make up for the shortage of episodes now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

im watching at rte pace, but have no patience so read all the spoilers on digital spy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Did it ever occur to Nate during all the time he was tied up to just blow the bloody candle out!!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

wawaman wrote: »
    Did it ever occur to Nate during all the time he was tied up to just blow the bloody candle out!!!?

Haha I said that too! Horrendous storyline but the crash was well done in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Wasn't expecting that this evening! And almost didn't bother watching today.

Can someone fill me in with a bit of backstory of Nate and your one? How did it come to this?

• Advertisement

Can someone fill me in with a bit of backstory of Nate and your one? How did it come to this?

They were married ages ago and something happened to her that she became addicted to painkillers or something. She stole his prescription pad, I think, to self medicate and he ended up leaving her.
    She rocks up in Summer Bay and eventually they decide to give it another go. She's still quite unhinged and when he starts having doubts about their relationship she lost the plot entirely and here we are.... basically.

Advertisement