Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

dee_mc wrote: »

Awww,same here. That would be such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Wellyd wrote: »
    Anyone know why home and away is only on til Wednesday this week and not on next week?!

I know that its taking a break in the UK for a whole month so it does not catch up with the Aussie episodes. Maybe that is the reason why its not on next week here.

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    I know that its taking a break in the UK for a whole month so it does not catch up with the Aussie episodes. Maybe that is the reason why its not on next week here.

Ah that sucks! We're just over 4 weeks behind - the episode shown on RTE today aired in Aus on the first of April. Thought the Summer break usually started in mid June? Anyone remember/have more patience than me to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Ah that sucks! We're just over 4 weeks behind - the episode shown on RTE today aired in Aus on the first of April. Thought the Summer break usually started in mid June? Anyone remember/have more patience than me to check?

I have no idea if this break will be as long as the UK.

I do know that Channel are repeating episodes from 2004 during the time H&A is off air there so maybe if you have access to that channel you can check those out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Never took to him so any exit will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Delta2113

RTE have to stay behind Channel 5 so yes looks like it's going missing for a few weeks.

Never took to him so any exit will do.

Aw really, he's one of my favourite characters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Aw really, he's one of my favourite characters!

Me too! He's such a great lad for a teenager. Never any bother with him. Has a great sense of fairness about him.

I hate this conveyor belt of characters of only staying for a while and then leaving quick. I think H&A needs some more long established characters like Alf, Roo, Marilyn etc.

haa_gal_j_j_m_630x354_001_19n8f4l-19n8f5k.jpg

• Advertisement

pia-miller-postcards-victoria-741783.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Delta2113 wrote: »
    pia-miller-postcards-victoria-741783.jpg

What's with the random pictures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

LiamNeeson wrote: »
    I am a bit behind but that fellow who is stalking Phoebe is the double of Dylan Klebold one of the Columbine massacre shooters

http://www.centrosangiorgio.com/rock_satanico/articoli/immagini/dylan_klebold.jpg

He is one of her 'fans' loves her music and has some kind of obsession with her, he doesn't like the way her record company changed her so he has come so save her!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I hate this conveyor belt of characters of only staying for a while and then leaving quick. I think H&A needs some more long established characters like Alf, Roo, Marilyn etc.

That's the way it's going to be for a while, I think. They get a 3 year contract, serve their time and then they're off. There are so many more opportunities for them now than there was even just a few years ago. American TV shows are overrun with Aussies at the moment. I'm sure it will reach a saturation point eventually but at the moment they're all off to the States at the first opportunity. The only way they'll have long term characters is to introduce older people. They haven't introduced a "proper" family for quite some time, have they? The younger characters only have a certain shelf life anyway, once they leave school there's not a lot to be done with them, that's why so many end up repeating year 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Me too! He's such a great lad for a teenager. Never any bother with him. Has a great sense of fairness about him.

Yeh he is the voice of reason alot of times when VJ is acting the maggot :p Have to say will be sorry to see him leave.

Also nice to hear the Coronas on h&a today (rte pace) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Home and Away not back on RTE till 1st June:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭LiamNeeson

I would have preferred the Phoebe kidnap storyline to go on longer as it reminded me of the good old cult storylines they used to have but she was found before anything could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

LiamNeeson wrote: »
    I would have preferred the Phoebe kidnap storyline to go on longer as it reminded me of the good old cult storylines they used to have but she was found before anything could happen.

Agreed. It was over before it began. Script writers getting lazy

Just watching Sasha's last episode on RTÉ there. So sad, she was one of my all time fave characters on the show.

Also, Dr. Nate needs to learn that no means no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Just watching Sasha's last episode on RTÉ there. So sad, she was one of my all time fave characters on the show.

Also, Dr. Nate needs to learn that no means no.
    Bring back Dr walker.

messrs wrote: »
    Home and Away not back on RTE till 1st June:mad:

Major withdrawals :(

Is this how they plan on having Brax on screen most of the year? Same as last time, just stick him in jail and have all his scenes filmed in advance?

chris-hemsworth-home-and-away-05202015.jpg

Chris Hemsworth cameo aired in Australia May 19,2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delta2113 wrote: »
    chris-hemsworth-home-and-away-05202015.jpg

Chris Hemsworth cameo aired in Australia May 19,2015.

Why not have Kim come back to visit Irene

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why not have Kim come back to visit Irene

Think he was only back on an informal visit and stepped in as an extra for the craic, I read something about him wanting to be in the background for once!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think he was only back on an informal visit and stepped in as an extra for the craic, I read something about him wanting to be in the background for once!

Yeah, don't think it was planned, he just dropped by and jumped in as an extra for a laugh.

He was literally only in 2 shots. Was a blink and you miss it cameo, but really nice to see him back there and remembering where he came from. He's also very happy to praise Home & Away in interviews for giving him his starting platform, and I'm sure the cast and crew are equally as proud of him - probably the biggest name to ever come out of Home & Away, except for maybe Heath Ledger or Dannii Minouge.

I'd say the cast were delighted to see him on visit the set too. Apart from Alf, Irene and Leah were any of the rest of the current cast in the show at the same time as him even?

Yeah, don't think it was planned, he just dropped by and jumped in as an extra for a laugh.

He was literally only in 2 shots. Was a blink and you miss it cameo, but really nice to see him back there and remembering where he came from. He's also very happy to praise Home & Away in interviews for giving him his starting platform, and I'm sure the cast and crew are equally as proud of him - probably the biggest name to ever come out of Home & Away, except for maybe Heath Ledger or Dannii Minouge.

I'd say the cast were delighted to see him on visit the set too. Apart from Alf, Irene and Leah were any of the rest of the current cast in the show at the same time as him even?

No, I think you have the full list there! Some turnover of characters in fairness!

Wow, just looked it up there and since the beginning of Home and Away we've apparently had 23 births, 34 marriages, and a whopping 113 deaths (to include 6 heart attacks, 2 suicides, 2 SIDS, 14 shootings, numerous murders and 1 (one!!!) by natural causes!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No, I think you have the full list there! Some turnover of characters in fairness!

Would Roo and Marilyn know him Kim too?

Advertisement