Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would Roo and Marilyn know him Kim too?

Think Marylin was still in the Dales then, and Roo hadn't returned at that stage either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would Roo and Marilyn know him Kim too?

Nah, Marilyn was long gone before Kim arrived in Summer Bay and he left again in 2007. The original Roo was played by another actress that left in 1989. Justine Clarke took over the part of Roo in 2010 and Marilyn only came back into it in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Didn't the original Roo have blonde hair?
    The days of Roo and Frank, and I think Roo didn't like Ailsa, obviously there was a head transplant in the meantime...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RobertKK wrote: »
    Didn't the original Roo have blonde hair?
    The days of Roo and Frank, and I think Roo didn't like Ailsa, obviously there was a head transplant in the meantime...

First Roo

latest?cb=20140627122144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

<--
    Looks like Katherine Heighl (Izzy from Greys Anatomy)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBgrNCMO5qWr-XLNdlivBiptKmA56wFetdVD7QFYWwZDSDskJT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Marilyn has aged very well. Love her style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Does anyone remember there being a supermarket or even a shop in Home&Away through the years?

Very often see characters wandering about with their bags of shopping ; don't remember ever seeing them in a supermarket or a shop to buy even the likes of a bottle of milk or some bread!

Thanks,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Does anyone remember there being a supermarket or even a shop in Home&Away through the years?

Very often see characters wandering about with their bags of shopping ; don't remember ever seeing them in a supermarket or a shop to buy even the likes of a bottle of milk or some bread!

Thanks,

I think they always used to go to Yabbie Creek to buy their groceries although I haven't heard it mentioned in quite some time.

I think they always used to go to Yabbie Creek to buy their groceries although I haven't heard it mentioned in quite some time.

Seems odd though now that I think of it, especially considering FairCity has a Spar-shop like :)

Didn't Alf have a shop at some stage?

They all eat out most of the time anyways, no need for groceries!

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Didn't Alf have a shop at some stage?

They all eat out most of the time anyways, no need for groceries!

According to this 1988:
    By now Alf is involved in a relationship with general store owner Ailsa, who he marries in 1988

Did we see Ailsa's shop in H&A though?

Thanks,

I think just this week I saw a glimpse of Alf in a shop on one of the re-runs on channel 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Addle wrote: »
    Marilyn has aged very well. Love her style.

I love Marilyn!! How she spends all day in the diner and walks on the beach in a pair of Louboutins!! Her hair and make up is always perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I remember Alf in the General Store, it had lots of wood panelling and stuff, that's a blast from the past! I don't think we ever saw the outside of the store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, Alf and Ailsa used to run a grocery store, but it was destroyed in an Earthquake in 1996... Alf had his first heart attack during that Earthquake. I remember it being a fairly prominent location at the time, but obviously not as iconic as the Diner or the Surf Club, but Alf spent most of his time in there, so people would be in and out often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

If you go on to youtube there is old home and away being uploaded as they repeat them in Australia. I was watching 1993 but stop and I think they are on 1994 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yeah i remember Alf & Ailsa's general store. Celia worked there too.

^^^ Thanks you guys.
    Just thinking yesterday how odd it was we never see characters shopping considering the range of areas they cover, even a bait-shop but no-where to actually buy a bottle of milk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They might all do online grocery shopping now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Matt and Vj are so annoying at the moment.

• Advertisement

^^^ Yeah online shopping a possibility, only we see them with shopping bags and talking about having walked back from the shop. They have the opportunity to introduce more characters and more scenes but doubt they will.

After seeing here how Brax leaves the show; it does kinda leave it open-ended for his return. With some characters we see them being killed off and know they won't be returning, but here, at least it's presumed Brax is dead.

Well, for now anyways :)

kerry4sam wrote: »
    They have the opportunity to introduce more characters and more scenes but doubt they will.

Badly needed. Just 1 relatively normal family.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Didn't realise h&a was back yesterday...double episode today! Woohoo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Matt and Vj are so annoying at the moment.

Maybe they'll come out, then over to Ireland to get married.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,329 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Home and Away will air a dramatic climax to Brax's prison story
    when he is presumed dead after a car accident.

The latest drama for Brax (Steve Peacocke) kicks off as he attempts to escape prison with the help of his friend Ash and brother Kyle.

Although the plan is for Ash to intercept the car that Brax is being transported to another prison in, it all goes drastically wrong when a truck starts chasing them.

The truck eventually runs the car off the road and into a river, where panic ensues. While the prison officer quickly emerges from the water, Brax is nowhere to be seen which prompts a desperate search to try and find him.

Kat and a team of officers scour the river for any sign of Brax to no avail and they are forced to accept that Brax is more than likely dead.

Kat is then given the difficult task of breaking the news to Ricky, who is already out of her mind with worry over Brax's risky escape plan.

With a heavy heart, Kat tells Ricky, Kyle and Billie about the accident, adding that they will probably never find Brax's body.

A heartbroken Ricky finds herself unable to process the news as she now has to comprehend a life without Brax altogether.

George Mason, who plays Ash, told TV Week: "Ricky is in shock and doesn't deal with the news at all. It has gone from bad to worse for them.

"First, Brax was serving a sentence for 20 years and now he is dead."

Ooh nice one! Thanks for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

About time, he is so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

he is already gone isn't he? :confused:

• Advertisement

hoodwinked wrote: »
    he is already gone isn't he? :confused: