Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If these are all suspects for
    Charlotte's
    murder (sorry, I'm a week or two behind on RTE coverage because of coverage), then I would have thought Andy was a bigger suspect than Josh. I mean, Josh could technically be a suspect because of the whole
    her knowing about Jake thing
    , but wasn't he still blind at the time?

If this is for a totally different murder, ignore my inane ramblings. :P
    Oh I forgot about that - wasn't Charlotte trying to blackmail Andy - but still not that much motive for Josh, really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All true :D
    He definitely was still blind. If he managed to shoot Charlotte that is well impressive! :p

Could have got his sight back and not told anyone, then fake his recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Oh I forgot about that - wasn't Charlotte trying to blackmail Andy - but still not that much motive for Josh, really?

Charlotte overheard Andy saying he killed Jake Piravich (apologies for the spelling!) and that Josh is an accessory, and was trying to blackmail him over it, but the cops don't know any of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Could have got his sight back and not told anyone, then fake his recovery.

Good luck trying to prove that in court :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They have miracilous recoveries in Summer Bay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

fin12 wrote: »

Yeah, like, Andy just walked in one day and Josh was like "Yo, I can see again.", and everyone was just like "Awesome... what's on TV?"

In real life Josh would be travelling the world doing mid-morning TV shows about his miraculous recovery and doctors would be itching to dissect him...

Yeah, like, Andy just walked in one day and Josh was like "Yo, I can see again.", and everyone was just like "Awesome... what's on TV?"

In real life Josh would be travelling the world doing mid-morning TV shows about his miraculous recovery and doctors would be itching to dissect him...

plus it wasn't just his eyesight, he was completely paralyzed, couldn't speak or write, you would be recovering from that for years if you ever recovered.

Exactly. And Josh would have an epiphany like Marilyn and want to seize the day and live his life and go travelling and make something of himself now that he's been give a second chance. Instead he's moping around the house.... Did Hannah or Nate even go to check him after the sight came back?!

Exactly. And Josh would have an epiphany like Marilyn and want to seize the day and live his life and go travelling and make something of himself now that he's been give a second chance. Instead he's moping around the house.... Did Hannah or Nate even go to check him after the sight came back?!

I think he got accepted to College and hes started now, doing his dream studying Architecture.

I think he got accepted to College and hes started now, doing his dream studying Architecture.
    I thought he didn't get to do his HSE cos he was in hospital?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I thought he didn't get to do his HSE cos he was in hospital?!

He didnt but the principal (Tanks dad) got his essays and stuff like that to go towards HSE so he got it that way.

Does anyone else notice how many teens end up repeating their HSE, every year, its really annoying.

Does anyone else notice how many teens end up repeating their HSE, every year, its really annoying.

To be fair, Summer Bay High really does seem like a pretty sh*t school. I mean, there seems to be only about 5 teachers, they've had to sack a fair few in recent years, rehired a teacher who had been sacked for drinking and who has a history of drug dealing (Zac), have a school councillor who's a cafe owner who basically just did an online course in psychology and now feels she's equipped to deal with the world's issues, plus they still have all the sh*tty kids from Mangrove River who've gotta be bringing down the grade averages...

Honestly, Don Fisher would have a heart attack if he saw what the place had become. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Honestly, Don Fisher would have a heart attack if he saw what the place had become. :pac:

Summer Bay: It giveth (miracle recoveries in a one room hospital) and it taketh(terrible education system)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

To be fair, Summer Bay High really does seem like a pretty sh*t school. I mean, there seems to be only about 5 teachers, they've had to sack a fair few in recent years, rehired a teacher who had been sacked for drinking and who has a history of drug dealing (Zac), have a school councillor who's a cafe owner who basically just did an online course in psychology and now feels she's equipped to deal with the world's issues, plus they still have all the sh*tty kids from Mangrove River who've gotta be bringing down the grade averages...

The school needs flathead back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Maybe if he came back he might remind Alf that he also has a son! You never hear him mention him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Don should really be brought out of retirement periodically to whip the school into shape, a bit like how Morag rides in on her white steed from time to time to be her battleaxe legal eagle self.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Don should really be brought out of retirement periodically to whip the school into shape, a bit like how Morag rides in on her white steed from time to time to be her battleaxe legal eagle self.

Or how Alf still has to co-ordinate any searches or disaster situations. Honestly, the yongsters of Summer Bay are shockingly bad at stuff.

Or how Alf still has to co-ordinate any searches or disaster situations. Honestly, the yongsters of Summer Bay are shockingly bad at stuff.

You mean Mr Stewart? I'm always tickled by the way Marylin, who is like a daughter to him, doesn't feel worthy to use his first name :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The doctors in "The Ciddy" are well used to Summer Bay residents going into comas at this stage so they've had plenty practice.

32% of residents have been in a coma in the last 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Didn't Hannah miraculously recover from being paralyzed a few months ago too? And a while before that it was Dex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,333 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You mean Mr Stewart? I'm always tickled by the way Marylin, who is like a daughter to him, doesn't feel worthy to use his first name :D

A lot call Alf Mr. Stewart especially the younger characters

Didn't Hannah miraculously recover from being paralyzed a few months ago too? And a while before that it was Dex.

Who is Dex again, can't remember him!

Who is Dex again, can't remember him!

Dex, son of Doctor Sid, brother of Indie, half brother of Sasha, romancer of April.

soaps-home-and-away-rhiannon-fish-april-scott-charles-cottier-dexter-dex-walker.jpg

Dex, son of Doctor Sid, brother of Indie, half brother of Sasha, romancer of April.

soaps-home-and-away-rhiannon-fish-april-scott-charles-cottier-dexter-dex-walker.jpg

a.k.a stealer of the woman I love. :(<3 :P

I hope when they get back from Paris they aren't recast, they were fun characters.

a.k.a stealer of the woman I love. :(<3 :P

I hope when they get back from Paris they aren't recast, they were fun characters.

Yer one that played April is on The 100 now so I doubt she'll be coming back from Paris anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Poor Josh. Less than a month ago he was blind, brain damaged and on life support. Just as he gets jiggy something happens the baby. Poor guy cant catch a break !

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A lot call Alf Mr. Stewart especially the younger characters

I know, but Marylin has lived with and was walked down the aisle by a man whose first name she doesn't use - it's like a respect thing gone a little further than would happen in real life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I know, but Marylin has lived with and was walked down the aisle by a man whose first name she doesn't use - it's like a respect thing gone a little further than would happen in real life!

Sally was the same, it wasnt until she was leaving (the first time) that she said Alf!

• Advertisement

Does anyone actually call him Alf?!!

Advertisement