Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

Phoebe serenading Justin... just when I thought she couldn't get any more irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

oooooh goooood Phoebe's voice is horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I fast forward scenes with rubberface/phoebe now and all scenes with him in general. Terrible actor. Thank god Heath's back at least

Heath's actor seems to have come on a lot over the years - he was very wooden in the early years but he's quite good now!
    I like the pairing of him and Bianca but the constant 'will they break up?' bulsh is getting a bit old at this stage.

Plus he's very easy on the eye:p

• Advertisement

jadie wrote:
    Plus he's very easy on the eye

Is he? I hadn't noticed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,337 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rfrip wrote: »
    Phoebe serenading Justin... just when I thought she couldn't get any more irritating

I thought he was defo a goner with that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Delta2113

The 3 part special this week should have all been shown on Monday night. RTE messed up the pacing with Bianca and Heath arriving back etc.

Dont forget double episodes monday -wednesday this coming week.

ahh poor Billy, a cancer diagnosis and dies the day after:( She really had a rough life

Seems a bit far-fetched though all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Meg & Blake? Similiar to Belle and Aden too although that was in Irenes house. Serious issue with Cancer in the bay

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

toadfly wrote: »
    Meg & Blake? Similiar to Belle and Aden too although that was in Irenes house. Serious issue with Cancer in the bay

I actually remember bawling over Belle and Aden, without doubt my favourite H&A couple ever. Ah they don't create couples like those anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

jadie wrote: »
    ahh poor Billy, a cancer diagnosis and dies the day after:( She really had a rough life

Seems a bit far-fetched though all the same

What?? Sorry I've a couple of weeks behind the Irish schedule!
    Seriously? And all the times she was in hospital when she was pregnant and not once was it ever picked up?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I actually remember bawling over Belle and Aden, without doubt my favourite H&A couple ever. Ah they don't create couples like those anymore!

I never really warmed to Belle and Aden but I remember even I was crying when she died.

There was a whole story line around then about what was causing all the cancer in the Bay. I think someone had dumped a load of toxic stuff somewhere. Maybe it's still causing cancer all these years later (when they need a speedy exit plot)

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    What?? Sorry I've a couple of weeks behind the Irish schedule!
    Seriously? And all the times she was in hospital when she was pregnant and not once was it ever picked up?

VJ or Ash pointed this out. The smoke aggravated it apparently. She only started coughing up blood when she came home from hospital. Poor Billie. Didn't actually know she was leaving, bit of a shock when Nate said she had days to live. :eek:

I never really warmed to Belle and Aden but I remember even I was crying when she died.

There was a whole story line around then about what was causing all the cancer in the Bay. I think someone had dumped a load of toxic stuff somewhere. Maybe it's still causing cancer all these years later (when they need a speedy exit plot)

They could always just go to the city! :P

Yeh you are right - Belle did an article / some investigative work on this.

yeah Romeo got cancer too and died though that was skin cancer so more believeable

yeah Romeo got cancer too and died though that was skin cancer so more believeable

Flynn also had skin cancer. Irene had cancer, possibly twice. Martha had it. Did Marilyn have it too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Flynn also had skin cancer. Irene had cancer, possibly twice. Martha had it. Did Marilyn have it too?

Dont know about Marilyn but Alf did. Did his wife?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

And Maddy!
    And Hannah!

• Advertisement

toadfly wrote: »
    Dont know about Marilyn but Alf did. Did his wife?

Alf's wife may have had a brain tumor? That was when she saw Bobbie's ghost coming out of the fridge :D

Wasn't Alf seeing his wife's ghost at one point too?

EDIT: Hang on, I think I've mixed it up there. Alf had the brain tumor and was seeing his dead wife. I think she died from a heart condition.

Alicia had a heart attack but she definitely had visions as well before that, I well remember the fridge Bobby episode:eek:

I don't think Marylin had cancer but didn't her friend convince her that she had terminal cancer a few years back, when she first returned to the show? If I remember correctly the friend herself turned out to have cancer?

Alicia had a heart attack but she definitely had visions as well before that, I well remember the fridge Bobby episode:eek:

Wikipedia says she was taking out of date antidepressants at the time she saw Bobby's ghost.

Also Marilyn's baby died of rare liver cancer.

Did Colleen also have cancer?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Colleen also have cancer?

She did I think. I remember she had a wig.

This is a good trip down memory lane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Billie went in record quick time in the end though didn't she...almost like she remembered at the last minute she was being deported next week or something -told the scriptwriters and they pulled out the "can't fail"quick death storyline...was it like less than 24 hours between diagnosis and death???

I always think it's dumb how they write characters out 5 minutes after there was a natural way out for them. It's like they want to make sure they get the full contract out of them to the last hour. Billie could have died in childbirth, she could have been unable to cope with the rape and killed herself, she have just upped and left for the same reasons.
    Same thing when a couple have contracts expiring within a few months of each other. They break up before one leaves and the other one leaves a few weeks later anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

The cop, Kat, is some eejit. Constantly consorting with criminals and witnesses an assault and does nothing.

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Billie went in record quick time in the end though didn't she...almost like she remembered at the last minute she was being deported next week or something -told the scriptwriters and they pulled out the "can't fail"quick death storyline...was it like less than 24 hours between diagnosis and death???

I don't think the actress who played Billie wanted out, which is a shame as good actress and decent character, hope the actress does well in other shows

Advertisement