Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Apparently this new family are the first "nuclear family" to be introduced on the show in something like 17 years. The Sutherlands were the last ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

rodders999 wrote: »
    I just assumed he was her boyfriend when they were first shown together, absolutely ridiculous that we're meant to believe he's her father when he's about 6 years older than her.

Actually had to do a double take when Ziggy was first shown as she reminded me so much of Ricky.

Oh and calling your kids Ziggy and Coco is tantamount to child abuse in my book.

My cat is called Ziggy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

I'd hazard a guess that your cat is a better thief

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rodders999

Ha! I'm willing to give a free pass to animals but have to draw the line with humans on that one I'm afraid.

So Ziggy is being billed as yet another wild child who no doubt will end up being tamed by the good people of summer bay, which sees her follow in the footsteps of about 900 past characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

With the departure of so many of the cast in home and away I have to say I've lost all interest. I can't see any decent storylines there for a while tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,347 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Me hole is that Ziggy anyway passable as your man's daughter unless he had her when he was 10

I thought she was Ricky :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

screamer wrote: »
    With the departure of so many of the cast in home and away I have to say I've lost all interest. I can't see any decent storylines there for a while tbh.
    I used to watch it when I was home from work at lunchtime. I set it to record on series link just incase I miss it. I've over 3 weeks of H&A on the skybox I just can't be ar$ed to sit down and watch. It's gotten that bad I'm now tending to stick on a few episodes to pass the time when I'm ironing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

I am interested to see how a family, on there way from their house to see granny, stop off in summer bay with car trouble and somehow end up living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I think the mother is a teacher so I assume she will replace Zac.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Ghekko wrote: »
    I am interested to see how a family, on there way from their house to see granny, stop off in summer bay with car trouble and somehow end up living there.

Exactly what I was thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

That Scarlett is as bad at acting as Justin-constant vacant stare and always looking like she reacts a bit slowly to what's going on around her...herself and Justin would be ideal together come to think of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Ash will be really trading down going off with Tori. In the speedos on the beach the other day with him compared to Kat in her bikini😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

This Ziggy /Coco crap is a bit of rehash of the sister relationship lark with Raffie and her light-fingered sort-of sister, Bit close to that storyline, time wise....are H&A writers getting that hard-up for ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Delta2113

screen-shot-2017-06-20-at-15-21-54.png?w=748&h=496&crop=1

Wait now wasn't Justin only just married to Phoebe a few weeks ago and a new woman now?

Or what happened, am I going crazy? See what this programme does to you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I don't think she's his new woman...yet! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Think they were only engaged.

Jaysus I never saw the local sea rescue high fiveing each other for managing to roll the rescue boat onto teh beach, must be extra hard sans in Summer Bay

The story should just have been that this new family decided to start a new life by upping sticks and moving to the Bay rather than the elaborate slap stick farce that's currently unfolding on our screens.

Runaway cars, knocked over water towers, brutal over acting by Ziggy and the fact that even though they said they were having money troubles they're now about to buy the first random house they see for sale in the random town they broke down in.

Ludicrous even by H&A standards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The Ziggy girl is the worst actress I've seen in EE in many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Johnny Ruffo (who played Chris) has had emergency surgery to remove a brain tumour after presenting to hospital with what he thought was a migraine. Waiting for tests to show whether it's benign or malignant. He's only 29, I would have thought he was older!
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/singer-johnny-ruffo-has-undergone-emergency-brain-surgery-i-went-into-hospital-with-a-migraine/news-story/b1e3ff73d7964c9d851bb0b6add9ac17

Scarlett to Raffy - "are you enjoying the school holiday?"

Errr I can't even remember the last time a summer bay resident was shown coming from, going to or even at school.

In fact the principle recently high tailed it to Hong Kong on a whim and ain't never coming back! Who teaches there? Who besides Raffy is eligible to even go there? Maybe lack of pupil numbers saw the place shut down.

Oh and how much of a meat head simpleton is Justin? The other day the Bay's top mechanic let a car runaway because he forgot the handbrake and today he leaves Scarlett's phone teetering on the edge of the boat and his rubber face contorted in shock when it fell in to the water. How on earth did that happen?

MORON!

Some happy news for a former cast member.

Tessa James, who played Nicole, is pregnant, 2 years after entering remission from Hodgkin's lymphoma.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a835371/former-home-and-away-tessa-james-pregnant-after-cancer-battle/

Some happy news for a former cast member.

Tessa James, who played Nicole, is pregnant, 2 years after entering remission from Hodgkin's lymphoma.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/news/a835371/former-home-and-away-tessa-james-pregnant-after-cancer-battle/

That's good. Never a good thing to get but she was very young especially

Just reading about one of the new girls lying to VJ about being a college student and then Leah having to break the news that she's actually "only" a 16 year old high school student. They're really committing to VJ not being only about 15. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just reading about one of the new girls lying to VJ about being a college student and then Leah having to break the news that she's actually "only" a 16 year old high school student. They're really committing to VJ not being only about 15. :D
    Eh that's such double standards! Billie was way older than VJ. Is VJ forgetting that he's still a high school student himself?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Eh that's such double standards! Billie was way older than VJ. Is VJ forgetting that he's still a high school student himself?

VJ should only be 15 going by when the character was actually born on screen. Technically he's younger than the girl in question. They've obviously aged the character up by a few years when they changed the actor. I mean Billie could have been done for statutory rape if they hadn't. It's just so ridiculous at this point. It's not like he was gone for years and came back as an older character, we all know he's supposed to be a child still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

My god that girl Olivia is annoying

• Advertisement

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

I thought VJ was the same age as Olivia that is 18 but is again repeating final exams again from High School :confused:

Advertisement