Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its off for 4 weeks on RTE starting this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Its off for 4 weeks on RTE starting this week :(

Do you know why its off for so long?

Liam2590 wrote: »
    Do you know why its off for so long?
    Five's Home and Away is to take a five-week break over the summer, it has been confirmed.
    While it's bad news for fans, programme chiefs in Australia are breathing a sigh of relief as the ongoing one-week delay between UK and Oz transmission will return to a more manageable six with this year's annual break.
    Home and Away's final episode before its summer hiatus will air on Friday, July 30 (episode 5125). The show will return to screens on Monday, September 3.
    Last year's mini-break lasted for a month.

Channel 5 in UK wont be showing it also

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

The schools are on holidays as well at the moment, H&A doesn't film during the school holidays, so I found out to my disappointment

Channel Seven today announced much loved, award-winning actress Georgie Parker has joined the cast of Home and Away.
    A seven time Logie award winner, including two Gold Logies, Georgie is best known for her roles in A Country Practice, All Saints and recently guest starred on Seven’s City Homicide.
    Georgie will play ‘Roo’ (Ruth) Stewart, the daughter of iconic Summer Bay resident Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher) who returns to town after years of living abroad. The role was originally portrayed by Justine Clarke and marks Georgie’s permanent return to television.
    Georgie has commenced filming on the weeknight series, and will be on air later this year.
    "I’m thrilled to be back at Channel Seven and to be part of Home and Away," Georgie said today.

"Working with Ray is a joy. We are having a fantastic time together. The whole cast and crew have been wonderful."
    Series Producer Cameron Welsh said: "We had such a positive reaction to Emily Symons’ return as Marilyn; we trust the fans will love having an original character such as Roo back in the Bay. Securing Georgie Parker to bring her back to our screens is a real coup for the show."
    Home And Away, now in its 22nd year, continues its reign as Australia’s leading weeknight drama series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Brilliant news!

I think Penn might be connected to her or Alf somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Haven't seen Home and Away in a while, but last episode I saw had Alf throwing a dummy in a box into the sea, but then when he got home it was in the washing machine. What's that all about? Where did the dummy come from?

convert wrote: »
    Haven't seen Home and Away in a while, but last episode I saw had Alf throwing a dummy in a box into the sea, but then when he got home it was in the washing machine. What's that all about? Where did the dummy come from?

That was Marilyn's ventriloquist doll I think, or a mascot for her business but Alf had a bad experience with puppets when he was young, and was getting creeped out by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

That was Marilyn's ventriloquist doll I think, or a mascot for her business but Alf had a bad experience with puppets when he was young, and was getting creeped out by it.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

What date is Home & Away back? Really missing it! Sad I know! :)

think its the 4th Sept, but I could be wrong - had a look on here, which I didn't know existed, but didn't mention anything!

edit: on the wikipedia page is says 6th Sept on Five, as Five have the rights to premiere the show in Europe and also on the Five site

If you have Five, you can see some classic episodes during the break, which could help with the craving

http://holysoap.five.tv/homeandaway/news/summer-bays-hottest-couples-8337?view_image=3?slider_page=0

http://www.summerbayjournal.com/chat/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=20

This season's cliffhanger will see the year's longest running storylines for Marilyn, Leah, and Alf come to a dramatic head.

One character will be betrayed in an awful way by a face from the past.
    One will have a terrible case of "déjà vu".
    And one will suffer an ordeal with strong links to one of the show's first big storylines.

The culmination of these storylines will heavily involve the returning characters mentioned in a previous post as their seperate stories intertwine into a dramatic finale. And Alf, Marilyn and Leah aren't the only characters to be affected. In the closing chapters of the year:

One of the teens will make a big sacrifice for love.
    John will decide to reach out to a face from his past.
    A video tape will ruin a delicate frienship beyond repair.
    One character will leave the Bay against their will, another will leave in the same style they arrived, and a third will leave under arrest.
    Gina struggles with whether to trust a potential ally.

...Oh, and the entire finale will take place during a big wedding storyline that ends first in a dramatic twist and then a romantic one.

Its back next Monday on RTE

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/home-and-away/scoop/a266841/meet-the-latest-summer-bay-newcomer.html

Home and Away may be on hiatus in the UK, but in Australia things are ticking over as usual and fans over there are about to be introduced to new character Paulie Rosetta.

Viewers down under will see Paulie arrive in Summer Bay later this week, much to the surprise of his older brother Angelo (Luke Jacobz).

It soon becomes clear that there's an agenda behind Paulie's sudden appearance and he wants Angelo's help - but, with bad blood between the brothers, will he get what he's looking for?

Paulie is played by actor Ryan Johnson, who should be a familiar face for fans of Australian TV, as he's previously starred in The Secret Life Of Us, Underbelly and Out of the Blue among other shows.

550w_soaps_general_home_and_away_ryan_johnson_aka_paulie_rosetta.jpg

Ryan Johnson as Paulie Rosetta

550w_soaps_general_home_and_away_paulie_and_angelo_rosetta.jpg

Ryan Johnson and Luke Jacobz as Paulie and Angelo Rosetta

Speaking to TV Week about his new role recently, Ryan teased: "Paulie has always been the starry-eyed dreamer in the family, and his desire to think big has landed him in a lot of trouble. He acts before he thinks. Even when they were kids, Paulie's done crazy things and Angelo has had to bail him out."

He added: "[Paulie's] arrival is a complete surprise to Angelo. Angelo's taken the rap for his brother's mistakes many times and knows Paulie wouldn't just show up if things were going well. If Paulie's in town, there has to be some sort of agenda. Angelo's waiting for the truth to come out."

There will have been some familiar faces on set for Ryan on his first day of filming as Samara Weaving (Indigo Walker) and Shane Withington (John Palmer) were also cast members on Out of the Blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

There's good genes in the Rosetta family, especially Angelo.icon7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

eimearcmh wrote: »
    There's good genes in the Rosetta family, especially Angelo.icon7.gif

I one million percent agree:D
    Is it hot in here?!!

greenie wrote: »
    I one million percent agree:D
    Is it hot in here?!!

I think so...:D Angelo is even better looking in uniform though...or out!

20090702T164724_Home_and_Away_Gallery_1-1_1246549779_large.jpg?1246549808
    20090630T115210_Home_and_Away_Gallery_1-1_1246359218_large.jpg?1246359606

He was born on Valentine Day too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

I am really starting to HATE Charlie! :eek:
    Charlie spoiler:
    Angelo reveals to Charlie that he is in fact going to help Paulie out with his money problems by getting an increase in his loan. But Charlie thinks Paulie’s mistakes are his own and he himself should be dealing with them, not Angelo. But Angelo knows that his brother has no one else to turn to. Charlie thinks Paulie will never learn if Angelo keeps bailing him out. He knows Charlie’s right and Angelo soon decides against helping Paulie out which is when Paulie goes to see Charlie, to beg her to reconsider her stance. Rather than putting Angelo in more debt, Charlie thinks there might be another way to help Paulie out. She soon approaches Xavier and asks if he still has Hugo’s money.
    Xavier is floored that Charlie would ask him for part of Hugo’s money to get Paulie out of debt. Xavier asks Romeo and April for advice. Xavier’s worried that if he hands the money over to a police officer, then it could be traced back to him. John gives Xavier good advice, telling him to make the decision he can live with the most, then live with it. John assures Xavier that he will know the opportunity when it comes along. It’s a light bulb moment for Xavier who then calls Charlie and tells her she can have the money, but she has to take every single cent of it.

and Ruby isn't doing much better...she is getting soooo annoying :mad:
    Ruby Spoiler,
    Liam is finally telling Ruby what the record company said – they’re only interested in signing Liam. Ruby is shattered and feeling as though their creative partnership is over. She is deeply upset and starts drinking again.Ruby drowns her sorrows in a bottle of vodka.Nicole tries to help her. Liam takes Ruby home to Charlie.Ruby accepts Charlie's help but she is scared about her proposal.

Would love to know what the 'proposal' is though :confused: is Charlie finally parenting Ruby???? :rolleyes:

Charlie looks really skinny lately she needs to eat a big mac or two :p

• Advertisement

I knew I recognised Ryan Johnson from something, he was in All Saints and CSI NY as well - looking forward to seeing him!

Yeah, Charlie is looking thinner every time we see her alright!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charlie looks really skinny lately she needs to eat a big mac or two :p

If you blink you'd miss her.

Zac Drayson is coming back Will Smith (Irene's foster son)

Home and Away star Zac Drayson has revealed what fans can expect from his character Will Smith's forthcoming return to Summer Bay.

Last month, it was confirmed that Will is to pay a visit to the town after a five-year absence, to the delight of his former foster mother Irene Roberts (Lynne McGranger).

In scenes which air in Australia next week, Will turns up in the Bay alongside his young daughter Lily - and soon admits that all is not well with his marriage to Gypsy.

Speaking to TV Week, Drayson explained: "He and Gypsy are going through a rough patch, so he comes home to clear his head. They're not divorced - they're just having a break."

Asked how long Will stays in Summer Bay for, the actor replied: "I can't tell you that, but I'm going to be around for a while!"

Drayson also claimed that Gypsy's portrayer Kimberley Cooper would be interested in making a comeback of her own in the future.

He said: "I've spoken to Kimberley and she's really keen to return, but she couldn't fit it around her wedding plans."

Lily - now 11 years of age - is being played by actress Charlie Rose Maclennan, who previously portrayed Zoe O'Donnell on the BBC's Sydney-based soap Out of the Blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 sma2008

Has it been 11 years since Will and Gypsy left??? I am old!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's not 11 years since they left is it?!?! I remember that and I'm only 22!

Will returned a few times on and off by himself for Hayley's wedding and his dad's funeral and to see Irene

Will and Gyspy left H&A in 2002 after getting married

Alf Stewart is wrongly jailed for murder following an evil plot by twisted Penn Graham.
    The shocking storyline will take place to cover actor Ray Meagher’s decision to take a six-month break from the soap.
    Troubled Penn will disappear in mysterious circumstances and the finger of suspicion will point straight to Alf, inset.
    A Home And Away insider said: “Penn blames Alf for the death of his parents and will stop at nothing until he makes him pay. So what better way to do that than fake his own death and frame Alf. But one or two doubt Alf’s innocence.”

Morag is coming back to fight and prove Alf's innocence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

I am sick to death of home and away always repeating storylines, Alf steward was in jail before for a crime he did not commit, i remember him in his green jail uniform. Also is it just me that has noticed that indy is the spitting image of matilda???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    Also is it just me that has noticed that indy is the spitting image of matilda???

Def - she looks REALLY like her!!:)

Advertisement