Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Roo acting principal, teacher of all subjects in SB High?

She's wonderwoman, fitting in hospital visits as she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rodders999

Home & Away is a bit of a laugh and some light entertainment at 6:30 of an evening and I love coming on here taking the piss out of some of the ludicrous storylines and characters we see. I really enjoy sitting down to watch it and it’s all just a bit of harmless good fun.

But I think they way they’ve handled two major subjects in the past week - cancer and coming out as gay - to be really poor.

Ty was being laughed at and shunned when the rest of the school found out he was gay but all it took was for 30 seconds of his crappy song to be played over the intercom and he was all but carried shoulder high through the corridors of Summer Bay High as the greatest hero the school had ever seen.

Then Mrs. Bore-stoni who was all but dead is set to make a miraculous recovery and no doubt will be in perfect health again within the week.

It’s disengenius to have those storylines play out like that and especially to anyone watching who may be affected by either situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Totally agree mrs bore Estoni was the healthiest cancer patient I ever saw, her make up perfect in hospital. In reality her eyelashes and eyebrows would have fallen out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

jadie wrote: »
    Totally agree mrs bore Estoni was the healthiest cancer patient I ever saw, her make up perfect in hospital. In reality her eyelashes and eyebrows would have fallen out

Mine didn't although my hair and mustache did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭wawaman

Mr Bore Stoni has found god now so all is good in the world. I have seen aussie pace and he is visited by the ghosts of Vinnie and Alsa and they convince him to start making surf boards again

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Mr Bore Stoni has found god now so all is good in the world. I have seen aussie pace and he is visited by the ghosts of Vinnie and Alsa and they convince him to start making surf boards again

Had to laugh at him saying "It's got to work, it's got to work" when he was praying.

I mean what Bore-Stoni knows about the concept of work could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Also his constant "you're so beautiful", "I love you", "You're amazing", "You're incredible" comments towards Mrs. Bore-Stoni are vomit inducing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

rodders999 wrote: »
    Home & Away is a bit of a laugh and some light entertainment at 6:30 of an evening and I love coming on here taking the piss out of some of the ludicrous storylines and characters we see. I really enjoy sitting down to watch it and it’s all just a bit of harmless good fun.

But I think they way they’ve handled two major subjects in the past week - cancer and coming out as gay - to be really poor.

Ty was being laughed at and shunned when the rest of the school found out he was gay but all it took was for 30 seconds of his crappy song to be played over the intercom and he was all but carried shoulder high through the corridors of Summer Bay High as the greatest hero the school had ever seen.

Then Mrs. Bore-stoni who was all but dead is set to make a miraculous recovery and no doubt will be in perfect health again within the week.

It’s disengenius to have those storylines play out like that and especially to anyone watching who may be affected by either situation.

A lot of people involved in TV and film, at least writers, producers and actors tend to live in absolute la la land compared to the rest of us Joe soaps

Another big thing ive noticed is Home & Away is like that Hollyoaks these days, seems to be aimed at people with ADHD. There's constant drama and hardly an episode now passes where there isnt fisty cuffs, someone falls down the stairs, a car skids of the road, there's a big relationship blow out or breakup followed by getting back together the next episode (Hunter & Olivia) someone gets robbed, knocked over, etc all to teh dramatic music and cue a break of course

You won't get any sort of decent pacing to storylines in this thing anymore without a major restructuring of teh soap. It's like BANG something dramatic to get attention then quickly onto the next dramatic story so a cancer storyline is a few weeks and a fall or robbery is 2 episodes

Take a look at Corrie, Emmerdale, Pobol y Cwm, Ros Na Rún and as much as it pains me EastEnders and Fair City has a normal pacing and build up

What me and the family who used love H and A have been trying to figure is was it always this stupid or is it only last few years

Like I'm not a fan of it but Neighbors doesn't have half teh drama to it and it's normal paced

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Is Colby the dimmest cop on tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

It’s finally happened. I’ve a couple of episodes stored up to watch and after five minutes of the first one I decided I’d just delete them because it’s just so bad lately. So unless there’s a natural disaster to get rid of half of the residents I’m going to have to throw in the towel!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jenggg

I am so sick of this "I'm just dealing with some stuff", "he's just going through some stuff"!!! The most overused phrase on H&A. Also, Jasmine is a complete lapdog to Colby!! He treats her really badly and she just takes it! I don't think he even likes her and she's running around after him thinking they're best buds!! I notice in H&A sometimes, women are treated quite badly by the men...maybe it's just me..

• Advertisement

I guess Ebony’s not a fire starter, a twisted fire starter

So Jasmine is getting sympathy for having had a major trauma. This "trauma" was sitting at the kitchen table on the phone while the 2 lads that were in the house and could have been torched are left to fend for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Hunter must love the hardship. Going from an absolute head melter to a wan that's married. Madly in love with her and he only knows her since last week.
    I have a vision, Tori will adopt/steal/foster muscle's child and all will be grand. All the paperwork and red tape will be sorted in about 10 minutes.

Brody had his stag (where 4 people turned up) in the restraunt he owns, he also had his wedding reception there.

He then moved in with his wife.....to her family home, living under the same roof as her mother, father and sister.

And now his big idea is for them to live in a shed in the back garden of his sister and brother’s house.

Maybe my life isn’t so tragic after all.

How quick did he and Mr. Bore-stoni clean up that shed though?

rodders999 wrote: »

How quick did he and Mr. Bore-stoni clean up that shed though?

They'd be ideal workers for 60 minute makeover.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It's good to see Olivia away, a terrible character, the only things I will remember her for is the time she was stalked on the webcam and sleeping with Axle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Jeez that Willow is a pain in the backside. :rolleyes:

As much as Jasmine! How could she say that at the end? I thought she was into him.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

washiskin wrote: »

She’s quickly turning into the new phoebe :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

washiskin wrote: »
    She never seems happy. She's a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Oh fcuk off Tori !!
    What a pain in the @rse she is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I come and go to home and away now. I just find lots of the characters annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Bit of a strange observation but I've noticed that none of the younger female characters seem to be friends with one another: Ziggy, Olivia, Jasmine, Tori, Willow. They all just seem to latch on to a fella, go from one guy to the next or still try to be friends with their ex. They rarely seem to meet for a coffee or talk to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Bit of a strange observation but I've noticed that none of the younger female characters seem to be friends with one another: Ziggy, Olivia, Jasmine, Tori, Willow. They all just seem to latch on to a fella, go from one guy to the next or still try to be friends with their ex. They rarely seem to meet for a coffee or talk to each other.

Years ago Matilda, Lucas, Ric and Cassie all kind of got on even Aidan had his moments with them. None of them seem to friends now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

Ziggy and Olivia were close friends until Olivia cheated on Hunter and Ziggy got all 'You tell him or I will!' about it, then barely interacted again until Ziggy needed a wedding dress made and suddenly they were besties again.
    It's always the same with the young female characters, no normal friendship interaction but then as soon as there's a hen night or a wedding or a 'girl's night', every woman in the Bay is invited and no sign of any strangers!
    Tori doesn't seem to have any friend in her own sort of age group or position - she turns to Leah, who we never really saw her form a friendship with, but seems to have no real connection with anyone else (except Irene, and that kind of makes sense with the Ash situation)
    The joys of Home and Away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Strewth.... stone the flaming crows.

Ray Meagher (Alf) is leaving the show after 30 years.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/home-and-aways-alf-stewart-set-to-leave-the-show-after-30-years-869576.html

Mr E wrote: »
    Strewth.... stone the flaming crows.

Ray Meagher (Alf) is leaving the show after 30 years.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/home-and-aways-alf-stewart-set-to-leave-the-show-after-30-years-869576.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

He’s gone off and done Priscilla now and again over the years I’m sure he’ll be back after a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Can't think of her name, but the nurse wan in that yellow exercise outfit. Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Way too much Astoni family on it at the moment. Thought Coco was ok but nah, she’s a pain now as well. Obviously not as bad as Maggie and the unbearable Ziggy but getting v close. Think it’s time to finish with it now after many years.

Advertisement