Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Pilots being made now would be for next season's pick ups, so it's basically a one episode job, with no guarantee of the show getting picked up, or of her still being in it if it does get picked up. Just look at Amy Huberman, she was in the pilot of Animal Practice this year, but when they picked up the show they recast her part.

Luke can't be that far off quitting either, he arrived around the same time as Ruby, I'm sure, so he's been there a while now.

even so to be getting work over there means she is over there trying, while he is obviously still filming in Aus...

and according to spoilers
    Romeo and indi get back together so i can't see Luke leaving anytime soon

must be strange.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Who knows? Home and Away often gets people back together just before one of them leaves. It's one of the most annoying things about the damn show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hoodwinked wrote: »
    So i guess she's gone for a good while anyway, kind of surprised she is stateside while luke is still in Aus.

She is a terrible actress how is she getting work over there :confused:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

It's amazing how many actors were awful on H&A who are now massive in the US. I think soaps don't really allow for someone's actual skills to show. I remember the guy that played Jack saying after he left that he hated working on the show because they were working at such a fast pace that the directors didn't care if the scene they shot was good or not, just as long as it was in the can and they could move on to the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Probably because of her looks! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

max life wrote: »
    Probably because of her looks! ;)

She's not that special, is she?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    She's not that special, is she?

Not by US TV standards she's not. She's only about 3 ft tall.

Romeo
    is going to get hooked on drugs as he goes back surfing and hurts his leg again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Romeo
    is going to get hooked on drugs as he goes back surfing and hurts his leg again

Yeah I saw that coming yesterday with his internet viewing once Roo left the kitchen. Their really is no quick fix to his situation, but soap-land being soap-land are showing something that does happen IRL by a minority.

Has anyone in Aussie soap land ever had to take medication without getting addicted to them? The junkie/alco stories are usually a sign that the character has run it's course.

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that coming yesterday with his internet viewing once Roo left the kitchen. Their really is no quick fix to his situation, but soap-land being soap-land are showing something that does happen IRL by a minority.
    Liam gets Indi and Romeo gets Liam's drug addiction
    :p

Has anyone in Aussie soap land ever had to take medication without getting addicted to them? The junkie/alco stories are usually a sign that the character has run it's course.

Yeah but sur their would be no 'drama' by said characters otherwise :pac:

Was the fella who plays Jett's dad Richard something on H&A or another Aussie show?

He looks familiar but cant place him and it is bugging me :(:confused:

HELP!

Was the fella who plays Jett's dad Richard something on H&A or another Aussie show?

He looks familiar but cant place him and it is bugging me :(:confused:

HELP!

His name is Radek Jonak. He played someone called Logan Roth on H&A in 2008, not sure who that was? He's been on All Saints and McLeods Daughters too.

EDIT: Found this....
    Logan was one of Johnny Cooper's henchman, he was set up in an illegal fight club match against Ric Dalby, who he believed was responsible for Johnny's death. Ric was suffering from pnuemonia at the time, so Logan beat him so easily that the punters thought there had been a fixing with the match.

In the rematch, Logan fought Ric again, and was winning. The fight was dispersed by the ambulance sirens but continued after being held hostage by a gun wielding Noel Anderson. The fight was stopped by Tony after Noel was arrested.

^ Thanks

I cant remember him from H&A might be one of the other shows

Casey Braxton, who is set to go to prison for shooting his dad, is knocked unconscious by a man named Kyle who has been spying on him for weeks.

Speaking to TV Week, Lincoln Younes, who plays Casey, said: "Casey's knocked out and comes in and he's in the outback and doesn't know what has happened to him or how long he's been there.

"There has certainly been someone watching him for a few weeks, which you've seen snippets of, and the inference is that it's related to his dad."

He added: "There is a big reveal. It's a shocking revelation and Casey is obviously confused when the revelation comes out.

"He is slowly realising the repercussions of shooting his dad have extended further than he first thought. I think Casey is realising there are bigger consequences to what he's done - one's he couldn't have predicted."

When Casey disappears, Brax believes that he has taken flight to avoid his court appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

OK, OK, The rumours are TRUE!!
    Steve Peacocke aka BRAX is coming to Mantra in December!!!
    Its all been confirmed!!! WOOOP!

Mantra in Maynooth's facebook is saying Steve Peacocke is confirmed to appear there in December. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152107500355635&set=a.10150144756890635.402934.184058890634&type=1 Seems a bit strange to me, from what I gather he doesn't do many nightclub appearances in Australia.

I do remember the guy who plays Casey saying he was coming to Ireland at the end of the year and then some of the other guys were saying they should all go. He seemed pretty definite about it though, but I don't think it was like a promo thing, or maybe it was and all the Braxton's are coming?

Lock up your daughters!

So Bianca comes out of one failed marriage and wants to get hitched again now to Heath :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Here's the promo video for Casey's kidnap

Am I hearing wrong or does he say "You're my dad" at the end of it? :confused: Brax better not be his father! Like Charlie was Ruby's mother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

Am I hearing wrong or does he say "You're my dad" at the end of it? :confused: Brax better not be his father! Like Charlie was Ruby's mother!

I think it's "you know my dad." I'm guessing he's saying it to the kidnapper.

I think Kyle Braxton is another of Danny's sons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Here's the promo video for Casey's kidnap

That's what I thought too, had to listen it to a few times. It was probably deliberately unclear just to keep people interested!

Was just thinking, when Charlie died her and Bianca weren't talking, right, because Charlie was still seeing Brax? Now she's shacked up with Heath. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Was just thinking, when Charlie died her and Bianca weren't talking, right, because Charlie was still seeing Brax? Now she's shacked up with Heath. Seems a bit hypocritical.

No it was because Brax hit Liam with his car and Charlie didn't want people knowing she was in the car with him so got Bianca to lie to the police and say she and Heath were in the car. That was the day after she slept with Heath too!

Does anyone know if Caseys' court-case will be aired in Australia any time soon?

or Does anyone already know the outcome even? :)

I watch the Australian one online, no date but Casey did mention in an episode last week the trial date was set for next month, so shouldn't be long now!

Home and away courts are great, trial is usually a couple of weeks after the crime :pac:

Home and away courts are great, trial is usually a couple of weeks after the crime :pac:

And it's all wrapped up in a day, two at most.

Watching at RTÉ pace. The Walker's are hilarious. Maybe the most believable family on H&A for quite some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OK, OK, The rumours are TRUE!!
    Steve Peacocke aka BRAX is coming to Mantra in December!!!
    Its all been confirmed!!! WOOOP!

Mantra in Maynooth's facebook is saying Steve Peacocke is confirmed to appear there in December. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152107500355635&set=a.10150144756890635.402934.184058890634&type=1 Seems a bit strange to me, from what I gather he doesn't do many nightclub appearances in Australia.

He's travelling around Ireland! Coming to Cork too - will be out in town on NYE!!

Advertisement