Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

does anyone remember Nick Parrish, he was shanes older brother and was a cop in it , i used to love him back in the day & also there was a teacher there, think he was called Andrew he lived in the beech house with Irene, & was going out with Donna Bishop and used to beat her up, tried to google him but cant find any pics to see if im thinking of the right person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I remember Nick, great character! Aw and I loved Lachlan (Lockie?) who went out with Chloe, but he died and she married his brother... memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I remember the hippie chick who shagged Miles on the Sofa. She was hot.

I remember that too (possibly for different reasons!) think her name was Shandi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,307 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

messrs wrote: »
    does anyone remember Nick Parrish, he was shanes older brother and was a cop in it , i used to love him back in the day & also there was a teacher there, think he was called Andrew he lived in the beech house with Irene, & was going out with Donna Bishop and used to beat her up, tried to google him but cant find any pics to see if im thinking of the right person

Was this the actor off The Mentalist he played a teacher on H&A I think?

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »

Miles' lovely hair perhaps? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Was she pretending to be John Palmer's daughter?

KKkitty wrote: »
    That's right! You've a better memory than I have!

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Miles' lovely hair perhaps? :D
    Bleurgh no not so much! Liked him as a character but the hair: noooo!

That's right! You've a better memory than I have!

I'm a mine full of useless information haha

• Advertisement

Did Palmer have a son in it before? Troy I think his name was, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

Did Palmer have a son in it before? Troy I think his name was, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?
    yep he was a wee bit of a psycho wasn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

Was he the kid who tried to blow a school bus up? Couldn't remember if that involved Palmer or not..

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Was he the kid who tried to blow a school bus up? Couldn't remember if that involved Palmer or not..

Ohh yeah I remember that. I think that's why he had to leave town. He was going out with Nicole for a while too.

Ohh yeah I remember that. I think that's why he had to leave town. He was going out with Nicole for a while too.
    Sure everyone was with Nicole for a while. I think the actor who played Troy was brilliant, made the character very unnerving- stare-ey eyes etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I only vaguely remember him from attempting to bomb the bus. Can't remember much else. Was that when Palmer first started off?

I only started watching it full time after Angelo shot that other cop. Before that I only caught it now and then.

Think he was John's stepson and his name was Trey.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Think he was John's stepson and his name was Trey.

Yep, his name was Trey and Palmer was such a horrible person to him that he cracked and went loco. He was dating Nicole for a bit but then he accidentally filmed them getting busy and she wasn't best pleased. He did try to blow up the school bus and Hugo, for some reason, climbed under the bus and saved them all.

The actor that played him, Luke Bracey, has done a few things in America. He was in a pretty high profile pilot this year but it didn't get picked up for a full series. He also starred in Monte Carlo alongside Selena Gomez :)

I was thinking about his character when John and Gina were looking to adopt Jett. I was surprised that they never brought up the fact that he drove the last kid in his care to a mental breakdown.

Yep, his name was Trey and Palmer was such a horrible person to him that he cracked and went loco. He was dating Nicole for a bit but then he accidentally filmed them getting busy and she wasn't best pleased. He did try to blow up the school bus and Hugo, for some reason, climbed under the bus and saved them all.

The actor that played him, Luke Bracey, has done a few things in America. He was in a pretty high profile pilot this year but it didn't get picked up for a full series. He also starred in Monte Carlo alongside Selena Gomez :)

I was thinking about his character when John and Gina were looking to adopt Jett. I was surprised that they never brought up the fact that he drove the last kid in his care to a mental breakdown.

Didn't John go through one of those dramatic character changes though. When he first came in he was horrible and only did things that he would benefit from and now he's pillar of the community.

Didn't John go through one of those dramatic character changes though. When he first came in he was horrible and only did things that he would benefit from and now he's pillar of the community.

Yep. Obviously they decided to keep him around and gave him a personality transplant. Much like Harvey.

• Advertisement

Yep. Obviously they decided to keep him around and gave him a personality transplant. Much like Harvey.

You can't beat the the total head and body transplants that have gone on it Home and Away though. Hayley went from being blonde to being a redhead. Wasn't Selina recast at one stage too. The actors who play the kids change every few years. Flynn was recast. Pippa too.

You can't beat the the total head and body transplants that have gone on it Home and Away though. Hayley went from being blonde to being a redhead. Wasn't Selina recast at one stage too. The actors who play the kids change every few years. Flynn was recast. Pippa too.

Hayley's was the worst. She was about 2ft taller than the original Hayley too :)

I loved Fat Flynn much more than Original Flynn. I still miss him :(

Hayley's was the worst. She was about 2ft taller than the original Hayley too :)

Sometimes the original is not always best. Love watching the old episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

When was hayley recast ?

Yes like Roo as well she was a bitch then returned and was nice

When was hayley recast ?

Rebecca Cartwright left to focus on family life or something, she might have been pregnant at the time? The new Hayley was only there for a couple of months to finish off the Hayley/Scott/Kim story.

Interesting to see she was on the show for 5/6 years. None of the younger cast would stick around for that long these days.

Rebecca Cartwright left to focus on family life or something, she might have been pregnant at the time? The new Hayley was only there for a couple of months to finish off the Hayley/Scott/Kim story.

Interesting to see she was on the show for 5/6 years. None of the younger cast would stick around for that long these days.

I remember the second Hayley looked much older especially with Scott and Kim and she had red hair

This was her....

200px-Hayley_Smith_2.jpg

Sally Fletcher will be left startled when Brax anonymously donates the money she needs to get her daughter life-saving treatment.

Australian viewers will know that Sally is desperately trying to get the money together in order to take her unwell daughter Pippa to a clinic in America.

When Sally (Kate Ritchie) meets Brax, the pair chat about their families and Sally opens up about her struggle to raise the funds for Pippa's treatment.

Feeling touched by the situation, Brax (Steve Peacocke) then anonymously donates AU$88,000 to Sally's fundraising efforts.

Ritchie told TV Week: "Sally has no idea where the money has come from.

"It is quite heartfelt that it's anonymous because it means the person isn't doing it for recognition."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

Oh me too you are the first person I ever met that agree's I love and miss Flynn

Advertisement