Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

How many weddings has she abandoned now? 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Aussie pace bad teacher: spoiler:
    Home and Away's new recruit Tasma Walton has said that she fears she will receive hate mail from fans when her character's darker side is unleashed.

The actress has recently joined the soap as teacher Jade Montgomery and has previously hinted that her character would be 'intense and mean'.

In an upcoming storyline, viewers will see Montgomery becoming increasingly manipulative when she is relegated to deputy headteacher at the school.

Furious at the turn of events, Montgomery is quick to enlist pupil Matt to try to undermine Bianca (Lisa Gormley) by starting a fight with another student. She later pays him to start a fire in the school corridor and make a false statement to the police claiming Bianca made advances towards him.

Walton said to TV Week: "This is the start of her desperation. She's such an antagonistic character. I want to remind people I'm an actor, so please don't start sending me hate mail. I'm just acting.

"Montgomery and Matt have a working relationship. In the past, she has basically paid him to commit acts of vandalism and other things to further her career. With the fire, viewers will know Montgomery is behind it - but the characters won't."

"She so desperately wants to be the principal of Summer Bay High and to be in charge of a school that can be successful. For Montgomery, it is all or nothing."

well it answers a few questions but raises so much more? like why is Matt helping her?

also i am now wondering even more did she
    frame heath for his juve spell,

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

hoodwinked wrote: »

well it answers a few questions but raises so much more? like why is Matt helping her?

I read something about him maybe
    having a kid. So if she's paying him well that could explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

its martha's wedding all over again isn't it! :mad:

• Advertisement

I don't think the bomb is connected to the wedding though, they're just throwing that in the promo to make it look more dramatic.

I don't think the bomb is connected to the wedding though, they're just throwing that in the promo to make it look more dramatic.

i know, but they are recycling wild storylines far too frequently, :(

even though its been done, the bushfires would have been a better one considering they happen so often over there and with recent events it would explain the fire damage to the filming location backgrounds!

^ I agree, although I suppose after 25 years of it they're bound to run out of story lines. With so many people leaving though they could have just had a good old who dunnit murder mystery. Someone is just found dead on the beach or wherever and it carries on into next year.

I know it's a soap but it is really getting to the point where you have to wonder why anyone still lives there with all the horrible stuff that happens.

Watching at RTE pace. Last nights ep was really bad. Who cares about Indi and Spencer's idiot brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

^ I agree, although I suppose after 25 years of it they're bound to run out of story lines. With so many people leaving though they could have just had a good old who dunnit murder mystery. Someone is just found dead on the beach or wherever and it carries on into next year.

I know it's a soap but it is really getting to the point where you have to wonder why anyone still lives there with all the horrible stuff that happens.

Beach babes and fresh air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I am also watching at RTE pace and I have to say I sick to the back teeth of Casey, Tamara and Kyle Love Triangle. I almost hope she gets back with Casey and they both get blown up by the above Bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Oh my god, today's episode(rte pace) was so emotional!:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I wonder why any bloke would move away from Summer Bay, yes there is a fair chance of dying from skin cancer, bush fires, storms, river boys and rapid koala bears, but look at the eye candy .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BullBauld

I wonder why any bloke would move away from Summer Bay, yes there is a fair chance of dying from skin cancer, bush fires, storms, river boys and rapid koala bears, but look at the eye candy .......

The Summer Bay Koala Bears are fierce quick alright! Deadly they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 me1234535

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I am also watching at RTE pace and I have to say I sick to the back teeth of Casey, Tamara and Kyle Love Triangle. I almost hope she gets back with Casey and they both get blown up by the above Bomb
    I Agree surely there is other things they can do with Kyle and even Tamara's characters rather than always be stuck in Casey neverending victim storylines. and it almost like the viewers aren't allowed to like Kyle and Tamara together because we have April and Brax giving them dirty looks for her choosing Kyle and then Cheryl ripping them apart for Tamara preferring/choosing Kyle over Casey and Casey pining over her and all their scenes always seem to be about Casey. Tamara and Kyle always seem to look like the bad guys and Casey the victim.

The whole Braxton clan have become hugely boring owing to overuse and repititive storylines. I'm gone past caring about them. Glad that Bianca and Heath got hitched but the rest of them , Yawn.....

They need to get some new credible characters in soon ( and get rid of Maddie, Spencer and Chris) and a few decent new storys.

There's been a few new characters introduced now in Australia. The schools merging seems to be an interesting story line but the way the other new people have been introduced has been boring and pretty useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Harvey could be got rid of too, most pointless character ever, never does anything.

Harvey could be got rid of too, most pointless character ever, never does anything.

oh but he does! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

oh but he does! :D
    Do you know something we don't?
    Is Harvey getting - gasp - a storyline?

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Do you know something we don't?
    Is Harvey getting - gasp - a storyline?

Aussie pace Harvey storyline:
    Its a storyline in his absence, Harvey and winston leave on the blaxland and Roo gets a call to say they are lost at sea, Winston is found drifting in the water,barely conscious and harveys fate is unknown, Alf & Marylin are presuming he's dead, Roo is on an angry rampage insisting he is alive, we'll find out soon i guess,

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Calling it now - Harvey will reappear with a fully, dishevelled beard and Wilson brand football after Roo has moved on.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Calling it now - Harvey will reappear with a fully, dishevelled beard and Wilson brand football after Roo has moved on.

well photos on twitter of filming at palm beach show the outcome:
    Roo and Harvey in scenes s we know he lives!

Are these new photos?
    I was reading a thing only yesterday where someone seemed to think he was gone for good?
    I'm not sure I care either way.

Are these new photos?
    I was reading a thing only yesterday where someone seemed to think he was gone for good?
    I'm not sure I care either way.

yeah, they were shooting scenes not yet aired so it was a bit of a giveaway :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

And there was me joking about the idea :o :pac:

He married Roo. An achievement in itself. His daughter and ex-wife added a bit to the show while they were there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've grown to like tbh :o and don't mind him now

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

Where's that new doctor, Nate, supposed to be from? His accent is seriously annoying

• Advertisement

whitewave wrote: »
    Where's that new doctor, Nate, supposed to be from? His accent is seriously annoying

He's from the UK originally but lived in New Zealand for ages, apparently, so it's his real accent.

I thought he was from NZ in real life and trying to do an English accent for some reason, but apparently not.

Advertisement