Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Anyone know how I can find out the songs used in tonight's episode?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Larianne wrote: »
    Anyone know how I can find out the songs used in tonight's episode?

They list all the songs on the official website, you'll need to know which week and episode number it was though... http://au.tv.yahoo.com/home-and-away/sounds-of-summer-bay/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Maddie the most boring dullest uninteresting character ever on the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She would be if Spencer didn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Watching on Oz time- that new deputy head from Mangrove River is seriously ridiculous. As if any teacher in this day and age would go on like that. Whatever about how she talks to the kids (which is totally OTT), she definitely wouldn't talk like that to someone who's supposed to be her boss. I know it's only a soap but Jaysus be somewhat in touch with reality anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes. Along with Spencer and Chris.

It seems to be the older generation of former stars that take issue with their time on the show being brought up. I don't know why, maybe they think people are taking the piss when they say the loved H&A. With all the new social media and fan interaction I think the more recent cast members realise that people genuinely like the show. Plus, they do tend to go straight from H&A to the US now, so it probably is off the back of the show that they're doing well.

Brian McFadden's missus Vogue has one the Reality Bites episodes on RTE 2 this Thursday about the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Brian McFadden's missus Vogue has one the Reality Bites episodes on RTE 2 this Thursday about the show

:confused:

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    :confused:

http://www.rte.ie/tv/realitybites/

RTÉ Two, Thursday 14 November 2013, 9.55pm
    Model, DJ and teenage Aussie soap addict Vogue Williams examines the huge impact Home & Away has had on her own generation of Irish 20, 30 & 40-somethings as the show celebrates 25 years at the top of the ratings on RTÉ Two.
    Vogue takes a personal journey from her time as a Dublin tweenager with a Summer Bay lunchbox and a hopeless crush on Stevo Matheson to her current life as a new-minted Aussie celebrity intent on fulfilling her schoolgirl dreams and meeting her Summer Bay idols.
    We look back at the kind of country Ireland was back when the show landed here in '88, at the tail end of recession, still huge emigration and not much style. She remembers the original cast including Heath Ledger and Guy Pearce, who became house-hold names post-Home & Away.
    Mapping the socio-cultural influence of the show in Ireland she meets linguistics experts who explain the change in Irish speech patterns over the past 25 years. Can the dreaded upward inflection be directly linked to the influence of the soap?
    Vogue attends acting classes at The Actors Centre in Surrey Hills, Sydney, where many Home and Away actors trained.
    She recalls some of her favourite storylines: the ghost of Bobby coming out of the fridge in the diner; the death of Shane; the Belle and Aeden love affair; Jesse forgetting he killed Chloe; Roo's manipulation of Frank, Flathead's hunky son Alan Fisher and his aneurism; Sally's imaginary friend Milko (who turned out to be her real brother Miles).
    And, as the sad trade winds of recession are driving a whole generation of Home and Away fans away from home and into bartending jobs in Sydney, Vogue queries whether all those years being steeped in Summer Bay culture has made it easier for our emigrants to integrate? Is the faraway fantasy of a life in Summer Bay equalled by the reality?

Anyone watch Vogue's docu?

Brian McFadden is good pals with Dan aka Heath :eek:

I couldn't remember Heath Ledger on the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I saw some of it. I'm always surprised that she's quite likeable! Will watch the rest sometime, although the footage of the women queuing to meet Dan Ewing was truly cringeworthy stuff.

He was only on it for a few episodes wasn't he. He wasn't a regular, I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

Waaaay too much Vogue, not enough Home and Away. It was clearly her PR pitch to get a job in TV. :(

Some of it was interesting but hampered by the fact they tried to do too much and the presenter was the "star" of the show instead of the wonderful locations and actresses who play legendary characters like Irene, Marilyn etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I watched the Vogue in H&A last night. Poorly put together, if I hear the line "I'm Vogue Williams and I've been watching Home & Away since I was 12 years old" one more time I was gonna scream!

Wish there was more revisiting old scenes and story lines. Interviewing more fans of the show for their favourite storyline. Although on watching it I had a lot of "oh I remember him/her!" characters. wish there was more old chips of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

seen some of it thought it was crap,vogue is well hot in fairness.
    how does your man do it he had delta goodrem DeltaGoodrem2.jpeg

now vogue.we will leave the other yoke as a drunken night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

naughto wrote: »

I don't get the big deal with vogue, average at best, no Delta that's for sure. It was a poor show, all about Vogue and not enough about H&A

He was only on it for a few episodes wasn't he. He wasn't a regular, I don't think.

He deflowered Sally :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

naughto wrote: »

Just had same conversation in work, yea we were extremely busy!! How does McFadden do it.. Two beauts.. Must be telling some lies

• Advertisement

Just had same conversation in work, yea we were extremely busy!! How does McFadden do it.. Two beauts.. Must be telling some lies

I thought his marriage to Vogue was a whole pr stunt for his imagine in Ireland and hers abroad tbh

He's such a twat though. He goes on and on about how Kerry Katona is raising his kids and yet he's still down in Australia eeking out a living as a z list celeb.

You could just about excuse it when he was with Delta, she had a proper career and was based in Aus, now though there's no excuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

shock horror didn't see that coming :rolleyes: it was predictable, but surely they can come up with better plots to write actors out for a few months than missing/presumed dead or jail?

to be fair i haven't seen roo in a while as they are busy with the school merger thing, but have i noticed - yes do i need them to explain her absence - no, ill just continue to assume she is doing boring mundane tasks unworthy of camera time....you know enjoying the boring everyday lives our soap characters should have to give them some credibility as 'real' characters!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Home an Away the greatest programme for people going away for a couple of days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Vogue's voice is so annoying.

She would be if Spencer didn't exist.

She is worse than him for me

How come Spencer is turning nutty now :confused: has he always had bipolar :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

& for me the Quote of today goes to Kyle:
    3Braxtons & a Baby; what could possibly go wrong?!

Sooooo not looking forward to tomorrows double-episode Aussie time with the Season Finale - where did the last season go to! Time flying by. I'll miss my daily dose of Home&Away :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

She is worse than him for me

How come Spencer is turning nutty now :confused: has he always had bipolar :rolleyes:
    He decided to stop taking his medication. Their is/was/will be a scene of Spencer sitting by the dock with the pills in his hand/container and then he just spills them into the water & from there then it starts with the change in his mannerism & behaviour.

Perfect storyline for showing people a new personality disorder. He is a very good actor during this storyline imo. Well done to him!

• Advertisement

Again they've just randomly thrown an ilness at a character though. Makes no sense that Chris doesn't know about it, or that Maddie, who was with him for 3 years and was living rough with him for however many months didn't know he was taking medication. Where did he get his meds when they were on the run too?

Advertisement