Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

V funny on rte today when Chris asked Alf "whos the flamin' galah now" haha

I too hate Maddie. How has Josh stuck with her for so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Gee_G wrote: »
    V funny on rte today when Chris asked Alf "whos the flamin' galah now" haha

I too hate Maddie. How has Josh stuck with her for so long

Maddie has transformed from a mild irritant with a 'good heart' to an absolute monster in the past few weeks! Painful to watch at this stage.
    Really liking Josh and Evelyn as a pairing - she seems less obnoxious lately.
    Matt has become a bit whiny of late - hopefully he will return to form soon, he was a funny character at first.
    Marylin and John are, as ever, adorable.

Yeah I think Matt could be a great addition. Loving Andy too at the minute!!
    Poor baby Harleys hat today on rte looked like a tea cosy!!

Yeah I think Matt could be a great addition. Loving Andy too at the minute!!
    Poor baby Harleys hat today on rte looked like a tea cosy!!

Yes Andy is turning into a great character, I think he's being shaped as a Braxton alternative to make the withdrawals a bit easier for us all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Alec Snow (Matt) and Demi Harman (Sasha) are a couple in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Alec Snow (Matt) and Demi Harman (Sasha) are a couple in real life

Lucky Alec!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

God dammit Phoebe is an absolute dose. Her and her stupid mouth. And terrible eye shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annsie

Still prefer her over that Denny one. Her acting is terrible and her mouth wrecks my head!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Meangadh wrote: »
    God dammit Phoebe is an absolute dose. Her and her stupid mouth. And terrible eye shadow.

Totally agree. And how come when she first came to the bay,she arrived with her guitar & one small bag of clothes yet she somehow now has enough stuff for a huge garage sale,all stuff that's supposed to have been bought for her by her father???? Ridiculous stuff!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I used to love Kyle, even through all the Tamara/Casey stuff but I started fast forwarding through his scenes about 5 minutes after Phoebe showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 me1234535

I think Phoebe is dragging Kyle's character down, she is manipulative and controlling.

Dan Ewing's brother in law Matthew Little cast as new VJ, another old looking teenager

soaps-neighbours-matthew-little-ethan-smith.jpg

^ Was he just in Neighbours as Paige's brother?

^ Was he just in Neighbours as Paige's brother?

Yep!!

Yep!!

That's crazy,expecting viewers to believe he's only 15??!!
    Poor little Jett will look like a toddler next to his best mate now!!

Unless they're planning on aging him up it's a bit of a ridiculous head swap really.

MelanieC wrote: »
    That's crazy,expecting viewers to believe he's only 15??!!
    Poor little Jett will look like a toddler next to his best mate now!!

A new love for Maddie :p

It's a bit stupid the way they have some teenage characters who are so old they look ridiculous playing the roles (Oscar,Matt,Spencer & now the new VJ etc), yet they also then have actual teenagers that look their age (Jett & Darcy) & we're meant to accept them all as the same? Wish they'd make their minds up one way or the other!

It's a bit stupid the way they have some teenage characters who are so old they look ridiculous playing the roles (Oscar,Matt,Spencer & now the new VJ etc), yet they also then have actual teenagers that look their age (Jett & Darcy) & we're meant to accept them all as the same? Wish they'd make their minds up one way or the other!

It's because of working restrictions for under 18's. Jett and Darcy aren't featured as regularly as the other teens because of their real life age. They obviously have something fairly big planned for VJ or they would have cast someone younger (more realistic).

It's because of working restrictions for under 18's. Jett and Darcy aren't featured as regularly as the other teens because of their real life age. They obviously have something fairly big planned for VJ or they would have cast someone younger (more realistic).

Jett is featured very regularly though,isn't he?? Maybe Darcy not so much but Jett definitely seems to feature just as much as the older characters. Good actor too,so I suppose that's another reason they won't replace him with a 20-something.....

• Advertisement

Jett is featured very regularly though,isn't he?? Maybe Darcy not so much but Jett definitely seems to feature just as much as the older characters. Good actor too,so I suppose that's another reason they won't replace him with a 20-something.....

I don't think Jett is featured quite as much. He does get his own story lines occasionally but mostly he's just in short scenes with John or Marilyn. I suppose there's ways around the rules if they really wanted to give a kid lots of scenes. They shoot about 5 months in advance of airing so it's possible when he's featured more they shoot the scenes over the space of a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah lads the new VJ is ridiculously old looking! That's stupid, Jett is going to look like his son beside him, hilarious!

Home and Away is planning to kill off one of its regular characters in an upcoming storyline twist.

In dramatic scenes to be aired in Australia next week, a Summer Bay favourite will be killed by villain Jake Pirovic.

Brax, Casey, Kyle, Josh and Andy have been lined up as the potential unlucky victim who will be shot dead as Jake exacts his final revenge, TV Week reports.

Viewers know that Jake (Fletcher Humphrys) was responsible for the death of Charlie Buckton in 2012 and was recently unveiled as the leader of a drugs gang that Andy Barrett is involved with.

As Josh Barrett remains missing following his kidnap, a worried Andy rallies Casey to help track him down.

Meanwhile, Casey (Lincoln Younes) is eager to keep Brax (Steve Peacocke) out of the mess, knowing the danger his brother could be in if he got involved with Jake .

However, unbeknown to Casey, his girlfriend Denny has already turned to Brax for help, leading to a dramatic showdown that will change all of their lives forever.

While it has never been officially confirmed, rumours have been circulating for a while that Casey's story will have a tragic ending.

Younes confirmed his show exit earlier this year, adding that he was planning to head over to America to seek work.

It's definitely
    Casey that dies, there were pictures from his funeral doing the rounds a while ago

So stupid that they've dug up this guy, AGAIN.

It is the same sh*t storylines for Braxtons and Barretts now all the time too

Jake could do with taking the lot out as Heath is the best Braxton by far and none of Barretts are interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Jake could do with taking the lot out as Heath is the best Braxton by far and none of Barretts are interesting

that will be the bomb that will inevitably go off next year, probably in the school or the surf club/restaurant/diner.

It is the same sh*t storylines for Braxtons and Barretts now all the time too

It's just so ridiculous, they'll have known the person who is leaving was planning on leaving for a good amount of time before it came to writing or filming their exit so why have them chug along as normal for most of that time and then just drag up some stupid thing from the past to write them out. Why not start writing a proper well structured exit for them from the second they decide to leave? I know it's a soap but even for soap standards the past few years of Braxton story lines have been dreadful.

can any one at aussie pace tell me did we ever find out why Roo went to Peru????

did they literally just drop that storyline?

hoodwinked wrote: »
    can any one at aussie pace tell me did we ever find out why Roo went to Peru????

did they literally just drop that storyline?

Is that where Harvey was when he went missing at sea? Only reason I can think of!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Is that where Harvey was when he went missing at sea? Only reason I can think of!

i don't know either i missed it or it wasn't mentioned, i assumed it was to see martha, i was always surprised they didn't re-cast her and bring her back,

Advertisement