Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Away [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,323 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What was wrong with Tamara...apart from switching from one brother to the next!! Phoebe is so annoying! Talk about being a selfish freeloader

Where do I start, she isn't as annoying as Maddy no one comes close to her but Tamara was awful too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I thought Tamara was quite likable when she was with Kyle. It was when she was with Casey and especially when she went back to Casey that she was annoying. Also the fact they never developed her as a character away from the Braxton's made her kind of pointless after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 me1234535

I agree about Tamara, I only found her likeable when she was with Kyle, I think the actors had better chemistry than her and Casey did and with Casey she was annoying she just seemed to be his annoying girlfriend and acting like he was amazing and had no other purpose, it annoyed me how they got her with Kyle during her memory loss, to choose him once her memories returned,just for her to go running back to Casey after his accident just for him to recover for them to break up and her suddenly hanging around Kyle again which I found a shame because her and Kyle bounce off each other well.

IMO their is quite a few annoying female characters Sophie, Hannah, Evie, Phoebe and Maddy. I think I only found Maddy likeable when she was with Spencer.

me1234535 wrote: »
    IMO their is quite a few annoying female characters Sophie, Hannah, Evie, Phoebe and Maddy. I think I only found Maddy likeable when she was with Spencer.

Maddy has never been likeable and never will be imo

• Advertisement

me1234535 wrote: »
    I agree about Tamara, I only found her likeable when she was with Kyle, I think the actors had better chemistry than her and Casey did and with Casey she was annoying she just seemed to be his annoying girlfriend and acting like he was amazing and had no other purpose, it annoyed me how they got her with Kyle during her memory loss, to choose him once her memories returned,just for her to go running back to Casey after his accident just for him to recover for them to break up and her suddenly hanging around Kyle again which I found a shame because her and Kyle bounce off each other well.

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again, being paired with Casey ruins everyone's characters. Sasha, Ruby, Tamara and now Denny. Granted some people never liked Tamara or Denny but they were a lot worse when paired with Casey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

watching todays episode and phoebe really did my head in and i dont like kyle when he is with her, her wanting to take the flat which brax is paying for...i thought she was meant to stand on her own two feet since she fell out with her dad how is that standing on her feet? working at angelos and living in brax house?

lovinit wrote: »
    watching todays episode and phoebe really did my head in and i dont like kyle when he is with her, her wanting to take the flat which brax is paying for...i thought she was meant to stand on her own two feet since she fell out with her dad how is that standing on her feet? working at angelos and living in brax house?

She doesn't want to live in Brax's house though, she wants to move out but they couldn't get anywhere because of Kyle's record and then when they did get somewhere by lying he didn't want to move out while Heath was dealing with losing Darcy again.

She is annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How much does he get paid for these appearances?

Gaz off Geordie Shore was paid €15k and all expenses paid for a nightclub appearance in my local "very small" nightclub. I can't imagine they make a million miles off that seeing as they probably draw in as big a crowd.

Brax is living in Beth Hunter's house and John in Tony Holden's house yes?

• Advertisement

I can never remember who lived in the Braxton house. I know Angelo lived in it before Brax and co moved in. Sally and Flynn lived in it years ago before they moved back to the caravan park. I thought Beth lived in the caravan park, did she house swap with Sally at some point? I do vaguely remember Mattie and Lucas living next door to one another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Tony & Rachael? Nearly 100% positive they owned Braxton's house and still do. Braxton is renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

Leah lived in it with Sally in the Braxton's house in the early 2000 and before that Lachlan "Lachie" Fraser lived there. I could be wrong.

toadfly wrote: »
    Tony & Rachael? Nearly 100% positive they owned Braxton's house and still do. Braxton is renting.

Did Tony get the house so when Beth died and then he married Rachel so she moved in, where did she and Kim live before, was it next door?

Was Tony and Beth married?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Did Tony get the house so when Beth died and then he married Rachel so she moved in, where did she and Kim live before, was it next door?

Was Tony and Beth married?

I thought Tony & Rachel lived in John's house & that's how he's there now coz he married Gina,who was Tony's sister & lived there after Tony & Rachel left?

It's so hard to keep up though!

I remember Tony, Jack and Lucas lived next door to Beth and her family until they got together and moved in together as Mattie and Lucas were a couple at one time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I remember Tony, Jack and Lucas lived next door to Beth and her family until they got together and moved in together as Indi and Lucas were a couple at one time

Matilda & Lucas I think?

MelanieC wrote: »
    Matilda & Lucas I think?

Always mix up Mattie and Indi, they look alike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

according to wiki
    33 Saxon Avenue[edit]
    Current Character
    John Palmer 2010–
    Jett James 2012–
    Marilyn Chambers 2014–

Past Residents:

Tony Holden 2005–06
    Lucas Holden 2005–06
    Kim Hyde 2006–07
    Michael (Macca) Mackenzie 2006, 2007
    Rachel Armstrong 2006–08
    Jack Holden 2005–09
    Brendan Austin 2009
    Martha Holden 2006, 2008–09, 2009
    Sam Holden 2006-2008
    Xavier Austin 2008, 2009–12
    Hugo Austin 2009–2010
    Gina Austin 2009–13
    Bianca Scott 2010
    April Scott 2010
    Harvey Ryan 2014
    31 Saxon Avenue[edit]
    Current Character
    Darryl Braxton 2011–
    Kyle Braxton 2012–
    Ricky Sharpe 2013–
    Phoebe Nicholson 2014–
    Josh Barrett 2014–

Past Residents:

James Fraser 1999–2000
    Harry Reynolds 1999–2000
    Leah Patterson 2000–01
    Sally Fletcher 2000–04
    Shauna Bradley 1999–2001
    Gypsy Nash 2001–02
    Charolotte Adams 2002
    Flynn Saunders 2003–04
    Beth Hunter 2004–07
    Matilda Hunter 2004–08
    Henry Hunter 2004–05
    Robbie Hunter 2004–06
    Scott Hunter 2005
    Tasha Hunter 2005–06
    Kit Hunter 2006–07
    Tony Holden 2006–2010
    Lucas Holden 2006–08
    Jack Holden 2007–08
    Geoff Campbell 2007
    Annie Campbell 2007
    Jazz Curtis 2008
    Rachel Holden 2008–2010
    Gina Austin 2009
    Xavier Austin 2009
    Hugo Austin 2009
    Harry Holden 2009–2010
    Charlie Buckton 2010–11
    Ruby Buckton 2010–11
    Angelo Rosetta 2010–11
    Nicole Franklin 2011
    Liam Murphy 2011
    Roo Stewart 2011
    Indigo Walker 2011
    Romeo Smith 2011
    Rocco Scott Braxton 2012
    Tamara Kingsley 2013
    Bianca Scott 2012-14
    Heath Braxton 2011–12, 2012–14
    Casey Braxton 2011-2014

Does Roo own the Braxton house? i have a vague recollection of a storyline with John and Gina needing to sell one house for their money issues,

and another of Roo worrying the Braxtons were going to trash "her" house and being reluctant about them from moving in, didn't she have an interest in helping Casey out after that for a while?

Also more location information is found here:back to the bay website

hoodwinked wrote: »

and another of Roo worrying the Braxtons were going to trash "her" house and being reluctant about them from moving in, didn't she have an interest in helping Casey out after that for a while?

Roo lived in it with Angelo when she first came back but she was never there as she was with Sid at the time. After Angelo left and the Braxton's moved in they seemed to be paying their rent to Roo who I assumed was passing the money on to Angelo. However! At one point Casey wanted to move into the flat with Tamara and Brax said he'd have to speak to the landlord as he was using it for storage at the time but he never said who the landlord was.

• Advertisement

I've said this a million times but I'll say it again, being paired with Casey ruins everyone's characters. Sasha, Ruby, Tamara and now Denny. Granted some people never liked Tamara or Denny but they were a lot worse when paired with Casey.

Sasha- he slept with her, used her, treated her like dirt and pretty much lost interest once Tamara came along, and they made her this pathetic jealous girlfriend, her character with Casey seemed a lot weaker than she did when she was Stu.

Tamara- when with Casey seemed to lose the character she was when introduced in the desert she was telling him not to run away, once she become his girl friend/a Braxton add on she was going along with the Braxton's and telling him to run away. she became likeable with Kyle because she stopped acting like he was amazing and telling truths like to stop acting like a victim etc., but then went back to being Casey's annoying girlfriend when they
    got back together.

Denny- was once again a likeable character IMO till she went off Chris and got with Casey.

I actually didn't mind him and Ruby because I think she the only girlfriend he actually had chemistry with but yeah once again her character did seem to change when she got with Casey.
    When Casey is in love triangles he never comes looking like the bad guy and always gets the girl e.g. Casey/Tamara/Sasha, Kyle/Tamara/Casey and Chris/Denny/Casey.

Kyle deserves much better than both Tamara and Phoebe

I feel sorry for Kyle, his brothers seem to like leaving him out

I agree, he deserves better than Tamara and Phoebe, Tamara is fickle she messed Kyle and Casey about and never seemed to know who she wanted, Phoebe never seems to consider Kyle feelings she seems to be controlling and I hate how Kyle just seems to go along with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

From the potential-elopement to the last episode Aussie-time, Alf & Jett play great parts!

Leah and Zac don't work as a couple imo, awful pairing

Leah and Zac don't work as a couple imo, awful pairing

One of those pairings where you think the writers just said "Quick! Who is male, roughly around Leah's age, i.e. not a teen or Alf, and how quickly can we force them upon each other?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

My god, Phoebe is even more annoying than Tamara. I didnt think it was possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I am on the home & away fb page and lots of the Oz members would be on talking about things that are going to happen, not sure if true or just speculation/guesing, but I read that Maddie ends up pregnant after her one night stand with Oscar but she wants Josh back so she tells him its his just to get him away from Evelyn. Also read that Hannah and Nate get together (not sure how true that one is) and there is a storyline coming up with up with spencer where he meets some girl on line and is chatting to her and the arrange to meet up and turns out its not a girl but an older man (supposed to be matt's father!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

MJ23 wrote: »
    My god, Phoebe is even more annoying than Tamara. I didnt think it was possible.

She's a lot more annoying. Even worse than "it's all about me" Maddie.

messrs wrote: »
    I am on the home & away fb page and lots of the Oz members would be on talking about things that are going to happen, not sure if true or just speculation/guesing, but I read that Maddie ends up pregnant after her one night stand with Oscar but she wants Josh back so she tells him its his just to get him away from Evelyn. Also read that Hannah and Nate get together (not sure how true that one is) and there is a storyline coming up with up with spencer where he meets some girl on line and is chatting to her and the arrange to meet up and turns out its not a girl but an older man (supposed to be matt's father!)

I thought
    Spencer and Maddie get back together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I thought
    Spencer and Maddie get back together
    Hadnt heard that bit but id say it could be possible. Andy finds out Maddie is lying about the baby been josh's and tells him so id say her and josh fight over that and maybe her and spencer get back together then?

Advertisement