Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pumpkin

• 18-10-2008 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

Just bought a big juicy pumpkin for carving up. Any suggestions for the innards??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Roast the seeds, and eat them.
    Those big orange pumpkins taste like shyte.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Pumpkin pie? I'm not sure if you can use fresh pumpkin though, most people I know use canned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I collected all the seeds, gonna roast them so.
    Found a recipe for pumpkin and apple soup, gonna give it a try. I'll let yous know how it goes.

I always use fresh pumpkin for pumpkin pies. In fact I haven't seen canned pumpkin anywhere. I know it's tasteless on its own and personally I think it feels disgusting in the mouth, but made into pumpkin pie it is absolutely delish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

The seeds are the best part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Pumpkin soup is divine. When you puree or blend it, it gets a lovely silky texture. Add some spice like cumin or chili to make it into a winter warming soup.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

All depends on the pumpkin, you buy one of those big orange jack-o-lanterns and they are watery and tasteless.
    Stick to the butternut squash or if you can find them the queensland blue style wich can be green, blue or pale orange like the squash.
    I will dig out an awesome recipe for pumpkin soup in a while, but one of the best ways to eat pumpkin is to roast it in an oven with a little oil and some rock salt sprinkled on it, cut it into pieces about 2" square and leave the skin on, don't mess with it just roast it as is on a greased tray.
    I am going to try pumpkin pie this year, steamed and pulped with a stick mixer, canned pumpkin seems like a lazy way of doing things.

Advertisement