Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet access via Vodafone Live

• 18-10-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

I have just got an E71 and am trying to access the internet via Vodafone Live on PAYG. I can open the vodafone live website no problem but nothing else. I keep getting an authentication error.
    Does anyone else have/had this problem and can you give me advice on how to fix it.
    If so what settings are you using?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

richieg wrote: »
    I have just got an E71 and am trying to access the internet via Vodafone Live on PAYG. I can open the vodafone live website no problem but nothing else. I keep getting an authentication error.
    Does anyone else have/had this problem and can you give me advice on how to fix it.
    If so what settings are you using?

I'm on my e71 vodafone payg right now using .live access point without problems... Did you use the settings wizard to define access points?

In the browser under setting, check if the default ap is wrong! Mine was on streaming by default.
    In menu check tools, settings, connections, accesspoints... What's there? Same place, check packet data. Set to "when needed"...

Do you have opera mini? Or email setup! Do they work using vodafone live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Not sure where to check for streaming but I checked the vodafone live settings against what is on the website and they are all the same. Opera does not work either. I had the same problem on my N95.

The phone was bought unlocked on ebay so it is not a genuine vodafone E71. Is there something else missing?
    Could you post your settings in the browser and for the access point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the settings should be as they are on this page:
    http://www.powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php

if it doesn't work with the port set to 80, try setting it to 8080

Settings are correct but I still get white screen with "Appliance Error (configuration_error). It tells me that its unable to authorize authenticated user.

Its as if Vodafone are applying a filter to every site I want to visit except vodafone live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if it's an authorisation error it looks to me like the problem's with your profile at vodafone's side, as in you're not authorised to view the internet. Give them a call and see what they say.

does the internet work with your sim in another phone? And does another sim work in your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

richieg wrote: »
    Settings are correct but I still get white screen with "Appliance Error (configuration_error). It tells me that its unable to authorize authenticated user.

Its as if Vodafone are applying a filter to every site I want to visit except vodafone live

I'll post my settings later, but sam vimes is right...I think! Wrongg or even no settings wouldn't give you that error. Try another sim and try your sim in another phone that has correct vodafone settings.
    And I assume your e71 has an email wizard! Set up an account and see if that works!
    Later

Rang Vodafone and sure enough they had the under 18 block on it even though my DOB is on file....typical! Thanks for ll your help

Advertisement