Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

02s speed and edge signal

Options
  • 18-10-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Just got the 02 broadband and today around the whole of my house i was picking up the what I see as the rubbish Edge signal. I had 96% signal strength and it was utter crap. Same and sometimes worse than my dial up.

However i found that in a certain area of my house I was picking up the hspa or wsp something or other and the 02 icon was blue and the speed was fantastic. Could use youtube no problem and pages loaded really quickly.

Now for some reason in the same spot all i can pick up is the edge signal again. Are there any factors that effect the signal strength and is there away to just turn off accepting the edge signal all together as its muck?? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement