Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Students

Options
  • 18-10-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just to let everyone know that there is a interview with Raymond Deane taking place in the National Concert Hall in Dublin on the 18th and 19th of November! Also on the 12th of December there is a Berlioz concert in the NCH and i think they might be featuring some Mozart as well! All aimed at Leaving certs, nice one :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh God, I should go and give Mr. Deane a piece of my mind...who ever let that man near manuscript?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Agreed. Like dude. My ears are BLEEDING due to your music. Stop now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

But it's SO EASY to write about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

but it's so crap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

I actually like seachanges lol.....well maybe its because i have listened to it soooo much now that i have become immune to its awfulness!

But i agree with it being easy to write about, and its really easy to distinguish between the different sections.

The interview is being hosted by a lad called Arthur Sealey.....who my music teacher says is such a boring person who tends to drone on....you have been warned!

Im still going anyways....its convenient how close to Grafton St. the concert hall is.....shopping :D

• Advertisement

My ears bleed every time I hear that piece :(

Clearly Raymond Deane has managed to open the "Boite Diabolique" (go to 5.44 in the youtube video if you don't know what I'm getting at!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 !TreeHugger!

OOHHhhh!!!!!
    Can't wait to tell my teacher that!!!!! She just might take us.....:cool:
    I don't mind 'Seachanges' that much anymore,it's prob coz I've listened to it so much!!!!! But @ one stage,it actually caused my physical pain:(!! But myself and my friend made up a story,and I can see colours and shapes in music,so it makes it MUCH more interesting.....!!!!!:D
    A Beatles show is also on in The Helix on Friday 24th October,it's called Beatle Mania! The Symphonical Mystery Tour!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭myfatherrsson

OOHHhhh!!!!!
    Can't wait to tell my teacher that!!!!! She just might take us.....:cool:
    I don't mind 'Seachanges' that much anymore,it's prob coz I've listened to it so much!!!!! But @ one stage,it actually caused my physical pain:(!! But myself and my friend made up a story,and I can see colours and shapes in music,so it makes it MUCH more interesting.....!!!!!:D
    A Beatles show is also on in The Helix on Friday 24th October,it's called Beatle Mania! The Symphonical Mystery Tour!!!!!

Tell me this story you speak of!! I really wanna make sea changes more bearable!!I hate Deane with a passion I hope his eyes fall out! those with me say AYE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    My ears bleed every time I hear that piece :(

Clearly Raymond Deane has managed to open the "Boite Diabolique" (go to 5.44 in the youtube video if you don't know what I'm getting at!)

Fixed that for you :)

Edit:Having never seen look around you, i can firmly say im going to watch all of it now :)

Thank you Piste

However my Leaving Cert Results hate you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Your LC results may suffer, but the overall benefit to your person of watching Look Around You is immeasurable.

I found Seachanges a little... odd at first, but it sort of grows on you. Especially the section with the low flute in it. Whatever section that was... The one with a tonal area of E flat if I recall... Great bit. Lovely atmosphere.

Playing across the bridge on a string instrument, however, is HORRIBLE stuff.

• Advertisement

Your LC results may suffer, but the overall benefit to your person of watching Look Around You is immeasurable.

I watched a few last night, Music or the Calcium one,

Hellvetica had me in hysterics, might invest in a copy of it.

Wait til you discover Iron de Havilland!

Piste wrote: »
    Wait til you discover Iron de Havilland!

Just did, this has taken over the spot of bestest thing ever from a joint 1st of The Andy Milankous Show, and Yu Gi Oh the Abridged Series*

Since VGCats took such a dramatic downturn ive been searching for a replacement :(

Andy Milanakous wasnt in the slightest bit funny whenever it first came out but if you watch it now, it is easily the funniest thing currently on TV.

*Watch it before you pass judgement!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

Anyone else going to the Berlioz & Mozart one in the NCH?

I really wanna go to the helix thing.. but i think i'm a little late :P

Advertisement