Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 security code reset needed

• 18-10-2008 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I really hope someone can help me. I (drunkenly) changed the security code on my Nokia n95. As i have the security code enabled for startup of the phone as well as a keypad lock I can't even power on the phone past the pin code. I tried the reset of "answer+*+3" when powering the phone on and it seems to have defaulted the phone as the keypad tones and now active ( i would always have the keypad tones off) However it still looks for the security code. I tried the default codes thinking that it should have been reset but unfortunately I still can;t get phone to work. I took it to Nokia service provider who said it would have to be sent off for repair at a cost of 60euro as the master reset code will not work with the way the phone is now (i also tried the 10digit code provided thru imei number)
    Is there anyone that can help me beofre i succomb to dropping the phone in for repair. Many Thanks:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

I can help you, I'd need the phone for about 3 minutes to fix it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

60e? A standard software reinstall should reset that. That's crazy charing 60e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 FINNDFIN

unfortunately i can't get as far as standard software reinstall unless i'm doing something wrong as i can't get past the initial security code so i can't use and # or * keys. when i try connecting it via usb it won't recognise as the security lock is blocking it. any more ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

why don't you pm columba ra'd and find out what it is he'd do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

FINNDFIN wrote: »
    unfortunately i can't get as far as standard software reinstall unless i'm doing something wrong as i can't get past the initial security code so i can't use and # or * keys. when i try connecting it via usb it won't recognise as the security lock is blocking it. any more ideas?

I mean resetting the software in the Nokia Center.

• Advertisement

as in the pc suite? i can't get that far because the security lock is on the startup of the phone. is there another way that i'm missing?

metalfest wrote: »
    why don't you pm columba ra'd and find out what it is he'd do?

did that thanks but awaiting a reply. looking like i heading for service centre tomorrow.

Columba Ra'd i tried PM you yesterday and again there now so if you haven;t received the messages please let me know via posting or send me a pm.
    thanks

Sorry, I did get your first PM, I must of missed it. I can read the code you entered and set it back to 12345 in about 2/3 minutes.

Just sent you a PM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement