Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touchscreen phones

• 19-10-2008 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

hi I was just wondering what people think are the best touchscreen phones available in this country??
    AND why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

metalfest wrote: »
    hi I was just wondering what people think are the best touchscreen phones available in this country??
    AND why?

Define "best".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Define "best".
    that's for you to decide, i.e. what touchscreen phone(s) would you highly recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

that really is a very general question - treo 750v and iphone and w950i... you cannot seriously compare them! add the tocco, asus v1520 yada yada

well like, i've a meteor talk 300 coming and i've always thought that touchscreen was a bit dodgey, but now i'm considering it....not too sure what touchscreen phones meteor have.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

that's for you to decide, i.e. what touchscreen phone(s) would you highly recommend?

FWIW, the best touchscreen ON a device is the iphone- uses different technology to traditional touchscreen phones.

As for best touchscreen phone, it's subjective and needs to be defined.
    e.g specs-wise (apart from maybe camera) many of the HTCs might be regarded as superior.
    UI-wise say, other devices might be superior.
    Depends on what the person wants though.

• Advertisement

i'm kinda wondering about the touchscreens on meteor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Well, then for my needs, I would recommend the iPhone. You will not beat the internet browsing experience plus the general user interface is top class.

Yes, it's missing several key functionalities, but apart from the FM radio, I don't miss them.
    mkennedy wrote: »
    As for best touchscreen phone, it's subjective and needs to be defined.
    e.g specs-wise (apart from maybe camera) many of the HTCs might be regarded as superior.
    UI-wise say, other devices might be superior.
    Depends on what the person wants though.

Exactly. This thread has the potential to turn into a fanboy flamewar.

There is no one phone that is an all-round "best" of the bunch.

ok, what do you think about the touchscreenss availiable on meteor??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

ok, what do you think about the touchscreenss availiable on meteor??
    well, unless they have a hidden basement, they only have the viewty and the tocco....
    the viewty is a million years old, and I have never used a tocco, but friends who bopught it returned/sold it within weeks - but I also know peeps who love the tocco....

grr.......hopefully some new phones will come out before christmas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I have a Sony Ericsoon G900 but it's not available in this country by your definition.

well like bill pay meteor upgrade, so why not get a phone from meteor

Advertisement