Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ladie's advice please

Options
  • 19-10-2008 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm just saving and planning for my girlfriend and I's anniversary + Christmas,........ just wondering would buying Argos jewelery be cheap/unthoughtful/shoddy jewelery......or would it be perfectly fine?
    i know ye can't answer for her.....but what do ye think?

Edit: PS i hope i'm in the right place to ask, if not i'm sorry.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Argos jewellry is shoite.

Tbh, i find the worst gift a man can get for a woman is jewellry. Most men haven't got a clue about it or what their gf would want.

Buy her a tracksuit instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

well i do have a clue of what she would want so thanks for the input magicmarker but no tracksuit.
    so everyone agree on the argos jewelry?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ok, put it this way.

If she has so many tracksuits that she doesn't need another one, then go with argos.

If she doesn't own a tracksuit, then argos is probably not the place to go.

but like.....there are other jewelers you know?

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I would say avoid Argos and go for H Samuels instead if you want a reasonably priced jewellers...

H Samuels do some really nice charm bracelets which I think are a really nice idea for an anniversary as you can add to them as you have special occasions to mark together!

Its much more about the thought than anything else so just try be imaginative!!

• Advertisement

>< F****** h samuels in cork closed last week:(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Try Silver Wood jewellers on Oliver Plunkett Street.... When I lived down there it was a favourite of mine for buying gifts for friends as they cater to a variety of budgets, the stuff is nice and some really unusual pieces!! The staff are great at advising lads too particularly if you go in at a quiet time!!

Good luck with it!!

Note: I have no connection to this shop so hope it was okay to recommend it!!

:)thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Ya, Id avoid Argos too if I were you. There's loads of independent jewellers about whose staff are usually very helpful. To me, Argos screams "I couldnt be bothered to find something you liked so I picked it off a magazine!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement