Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninformative Artist.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Hats_Off

i have a 'consent form' here... it says...

that's from the consent form where you give your name/address/medical conditions etc. about a year old, but can't imagine they've changed it, really.

tehre could be another one specifically for the tattoo stuff... but that's the smallprint on the consent form.

That's the one, cheers Crumblo Froo ;)

jenizzle wrote: »
    If it does, he could at least have the decency to apply such interpretation BEFORE he tattoos you - not during the bloody thing! If he felt a change was needed after the stencil was applied, he should have stopped, and spoken to you about it.

There was no stencil, it was done free-hand. He pre-drew a rough outline of what I wanted with what I can only assume was an iodine pen, but then ****en proceeded to ink something different into my skin.
    The waiver, can cause no problems thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Aw man, thats bad form.

Well he's just lost over €1k in business from me, a full back piece, and possibly two thigh pieces and a lot of work for my bro too, I'm not risking that happening to me.

I've always gone to snakebite, not to him, but loyalty goes out the window when it comes to permo marks on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Shelli wrote: »
    Aw man, thats bad form.

Well he's just lost over €1k in business from me, a full back piece, and possibly two thigh pieces and a lot of work for my bro too, I'm not risking that happening to me.

I've always gone to snakebite, not to him, but loyalty goes out the window when it comes to permo marks on me!

No reason to deprive an artist that you're perfectly happy with from earning that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

just curious...but what back piece is only a grand???

• Advertisement

Depends on the work involved Raze, how complex the work is will can determine how long it will take, as will the size of the back, and these will determine the cost.

And she said over a grand

Shelli wrote: »
    Aw man, thats bad form.

I've never had any work done by him before, but he was on my shortlist due to other reviews I'd heard, and Snakebite are one of my favourite studios. But after hearing that I'll be looking at others on my list first.

I've decided not to make my final decision until after the convention anyway, see what else is out there :)

Have to say thought, John in Inkwell is currently in the lead artist wise!

Depends on the work involved Raze, how complex the work is will can determine how long it will take, as will the size of the back, and these will determine the cost.

And she said over a grand
    only copped the over a grand part there now.
    I know what would determine the cost, but seriously a full back piece is usually around 2k at least right??? It's what i was given as an "at least" price for my where's wally idea

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

my where's wally idea

Forget everything else, fighting, sex even tractors, if you get a where's wally back piece you will be my god!

CianRyan wrote: »
    Forget everything else, fighting, sex even tractors, if you get a where's wally back piece you will be my god!
    well it's where's wally in a LOTR back piece:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Bahaha, you could have him cowering from an ork or something, that would be amazing.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Bahaha, you could have him cowering from an ork or something, that would be amazing.
    it's the orc army coming out of the gates and what not so he'll be somewhere among them but i wont know where:D

only copped the over a grand part there now.
    I know what would determine the cost, but seriously a full back piece is usually around 2k at least right??? It's what i was given as an "at least" price for my where's wally idea

What I want is not a "full" back piece, well not to start with anyway, the lower part of my back is already done, it's the center piece I'm getting next, and that will only go up to just under my shoulder blades, so I'm guesstimating €1k for the next installation, nowhere near €1k in total for the entire back! (Wish it was though ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

it's the orc army coming out of the gates and what not so he'll be somewhere among them but i wont know where:D

That sounds sooooo cool, i see many a night out with u being topless, i would luv to see the finished tat,

Ur new pick up line

"would ya like to find my Wally";)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

*worries that Wally might be witnessed climbing, on a rope, out of Raze's butcrack*:eek::p

And after that they can spend hours playing "where's willy?" before giving up and going home frustrated while he cries himself to sleep...

;)

Only messin!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

:eek: WOW!

:eek: WOW!
    damn ye!!! I lol'd at both!!!

I went in to Snakebite today and spoke to Rob about our.. predicament and he couldn't have been nicer nor more friendly. He apologised several times on behalf of himself but not Pawel,who was sick off work apparently. Rob has promised me that he's going to get Pawel to give me what I wanted if he had a good attitude about the situation. If he didn't, he's going to find another artist to do it. I was also offered a full refund.
    The man said everything I wanted to hear.

I'm feeling pretty awful about the fact that this thread will have an effect on Rob's business. Pawel, is an amazing artist despite what happened and he'll get a good talking to i'm sure and hopefully cop himself on.
    Rob has an American artist coming in in the next 2 weeks I hear so that might be worth investigating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Awesome result and well done to snakebite for being so professional about it.

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    Awesome result and well done to snakebite for being so professional about it.
    +1

Rob is awesome, so I'm not surprised that he's making sure you're gonna be sorted out, but two thumbs up to him for resolving this for you. :)

This really shouldn't put people off any of the other artists, and it shouldn't even put them off Pawel if they like the art that he does and want something of the styles that he does best.

I'm glad that this is going to get sorted out, and that you end up with the tattoo that you truely wanted. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

glad to hear, hats off. hope it is fixable alright, and i really am glad to hear that snakebite have lived up to their customer service rep anyway. i would definitely avoid this pawel fella. but mariusz and denise still seem to have some excellent work to offer.

Advertisement