Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom hell

Options
  • 19-10-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Eircom "Broadband", a journey to hell and back.

Cold hard facts folks.

Here's what's paid for:
    eircomhellonearth.jpg

Here's what's recieved:
    Untitled.jpg

If we paid 38% of our bills I'm sure we'd get disconnected (if we were ever online enough for that to happen) 1.9 megs (the best I've ever seen it at!) out of 3meg. Every computer (1 PC + 1 wireless laptop + 1 iPhone) has a set static IP, all ports nessacary are forwarded and all phone's are filtered, everything is set up to a T. Every single day since we've had this disgrace of a connection I've been disconnected. Sometimes once in the day, other times, such as today, I can connect for 3-4 minutes at a time before the cowardly piece of garbage keels over like Ronaldo under a tackle. I even got disconnected trying to make this post, connect to irishisptest and photobucket.

I would call them up, but the last time I did that I spent an hour and a half on hold. Useless useless swines. What breaks my heart is on the odd ocassion it works, its fine, but by christ this crowd are a shower if ever there was one. Surely I'm not alone?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I don't know what upstream jitter is, but I'd say that yours is high since it is specified in ms, and the disconnecting would be annoying, but the download and upload speeds there are fine. The 3mb dl figure is the best possible if you have a very good line and very low contention - not what you can expect typically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

what applet did you use to test your connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Post your line stats.

MC

Advertisement