Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I TM my Logo?

Options
  • 19-10-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

I have heard recently that a company in
    Belfast are using a logo very similar to myself and they conduct the same lines of business.

Can anyone fill me in on the expenses of TM a company logo. My logo is excellent for the line of business i am in, i am not overly worried that someone in Belfast is using it as i only conduct my service in ROI. But if some TM's it before me i could be in trouble.

Costs?
    Location? - Patents office??

All help appreciated

Regards,
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

Shane,
    good day. Follow this link here - http://www.patentsoffice.ie/en/trademark_agents_register.aspx This is all the information you require.

It seems you fill out the application, pay them 70euro. They then go and check a magical database to see if this trademark has already being registered. If the TM (or anything like it) has not being found you then pay 177euro and are then published in some mag called office journal, whereas the general public have 3 months to oppose the tm (obviously on relevant grounds). If all goes well, your trade mark is accepted. Now you pay 250euro and hold the TM for 10years. You pay this renewal fee every ten years!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Dabko, your a gentleman/gentlelady, couldnt ask for any more than that.

Thank 'n' you :)

Advertisement