Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

This board is lacking Motorhead!!!

• 19-10-2008 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I don't hear these guys mentioned all that often, and you know, that's a shame. While Ozzy is off being a celeb and making an ass of himself, Lemmy is out there being the real deal and rocking harder than anyone else on legs right now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I endorse Karls opinion but would like it extended to state this Site is lacking Motorhead.

"That was a great time, the summer of '71 - I can't remember it, but I'll never forget it!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA464jACrTk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I saw them in Hamburg in 2005 and Lemmy's voice is as gruff and strong as it was 30 years ago. The man himself is an absolute legend and rock icon, and someone who I would love to go on the piss with (although I would most likely end up hospitalised)

However, the majority of their stuff is... a bit too consistent. While it maintains a high quality and never catches teh ghey, theres not much (IMO) to differentiate one album from another, aside from production quality. Just my 2c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Looking forward to seeing them. One of the greatest metal groups of all time and lemmy has and always will remain true to his word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quite possibly the best music videio evarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :pac:

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 mrtaylor1981

Looking forward to seeing them. One of the greatest metal groups of all time and lemmy has and always will remain true to his word.

Yeah Lemmy is the greatest metalhead of ALL TIME. He's in good shape for a man who started as a roadie back in the sixties with the Jimmy Hendrix experience. LEGEND.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I saw them in Dalymount park years ago and they were great(if not a little too loud).

I actually managed to get back stage passes and met Lemmy back there amongst others. He was a real gent, had a quick chat and then he spent most of his time signing autographs for the fans through the fence.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

One of the original and best power trios around. Raw dirty riffing and growling at it's best.
    Louie Louie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There is never enough Motorhead. Absolutely cracking band, and Lemmy is one of the sharpest minds in rock, which given the hideous amounts of drugs he's had over the years, is damned impressive. His autobiography White Line Fever is a great read.

<3 Lemmy

*puts on Lemmy Goes To The Pub*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Good shout by the Hungus fella!

Straight ahead, no-nonsense rocking. I was big into Hawkwind & remember hearing Motorheads fist album & thinking "jeez he's glad to be rid of keyboard players!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Always time for Motorhead. I'd really like to see them play but I'm torn between their gig on halloween or heading to galway for the craic, the hardest decision I've had to make all year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Always felt that 1916 was a very underrated album and is a must hear, especially those new to Motorhead. No Voices In The Sky and Going To Brazil are absolute gems! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Always time for Motorhead. I'd really like to see them play but I'm torn between their gig on halloween or heading to galway for the craic, the hardest decision I've had to make all year :(

Have you decided yet?

Have you decided yet?

It's sold out and I don't think I'll be up for seeing them the night after either. Gaillimh here I come :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SpookyDoll

Roll on ............Friday night! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Awesome stuff.
    Last time I went to see them I had a lot of fun... and couldn't hear straight for about 3 days :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOIdEtAA2wE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Last time I went to see them I had a lot of fun... and couldn't hear straight for about 3 days :)

Not to be johnny sensible or anything, but not being able to hear straight for 3 days is not a good thing. Hearing damage is irreversible, and everyone should take steps to protect their hearing. You should wear ear plugs to gigs, because not only will they protect your ears from harmful volumes, ear plugs also act as a filter, making the band sound better.

Not to be johnny sensible or anything, but not being able to hear straight for 3 days is not a good thing. Hearing damage is irreversible, and everyone should take steps to protect their hearing. You should wear ear plugs to gigs, because not only will they protect your ears from harmful volumes, ear plugs also act as a filter, making the band sound better.

That's a good point Hungus, and I was actually thinking about this last week when I saw someone wearing ear plugs at a gig, I might have to pick some up sometime. Is there any particularly good type do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

While taking your point, KH, I am a 30 year attendant of very loud metal concerts. I have yet to meet someone who's ears have been badly damaged by such wonderful activity. I know a wide veteran metal circle who can hear the doctor perfectly well when s/he complains about the state of our relevant livers, tummies, lungs, memory functioning and moshpit backs though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

No.... after doing it several times I realised that was a good idea.. about a year afterwards I invested in a set of ear plugs, which I still use. Good for sleeping on airplanes too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

The best Motorhead (sort of) song I have heard:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Was at Saturday night's gig, brilliant night - and Danko Jones weren't bad either. To be in the presence of an icon; magic. :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

one of my favourite Motorhead songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Having seen them very recently (wink nod) for the first time, I wasn't sure what to expect... but I was delighted! They were far far better than I expected, and really rocked the place. Could barely understand Lemmy when he spoke, but the guy comes off as a true gent and one of the few front men who make the crowd feel like Motorhead are the lucky ones to be playing for them, as opposed to the usual egotistical superstar attitude.

Advertisement