Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of starting a Dublin based Dj club?

• 19-10-2008 2:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

ok...

the title sounds a bit naf...heheh...but you get the jist of it?

just a group of peeps getting together..talking about/listening to some of the newest dance tracks/house/dubstep/funkydisco-house/baltimore...

due to confusion..Im just mentioning here that Im not setting up a night in a club or a venue..this is just about a group peeps getting together...enjoying all forms of dance music..talking about it....mixing...dj'ing....just creating some sort of a club....

basically a reason for creating a get together of peeps who love that music (none are my mates are)..chillout....mix a bit..have a laugh or two...get to know each other...sort of a thing?..

Just a thought....

anyone up for that? :D

(EDIT:
    due to confusion..Im just mentioning here that Im not setting up a night in a club or a venue..this is just about a group peeps getting together...enjoying all forms of dance music..talking about it....mixing...dj'ing....just creating some sort of a club....)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

dubstep and funky house whats the connection besides the bpm?two conflicting genres there so dunno if that will work

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What's Baltimore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Zascar wrote: »
    What's Baltimore?
    \
    baltimore house,its like hip hop and house(vague desceiption)lots of kick drum rhythms in it.
    its a bit **** in my opinion but its very big in the us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

em....

electrofilth, whats that got to do with setting up a club?

they were just examples of music I like....

this thread is intended for those interested in joining a club designed around Dance in general, not about conflicting genres :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Teddi wrote: »
    em....

this thread is intended for those interested in joining a club designed around Dance in general, not about conflicting genres :rolleyes:
    i think he means that if your going to sit round and talk about dubstep and listen to it someone who isnt into it wont really want to do that.
    im kinda with electrofilth on that one,i dont really like dubstep so going somewhere to listen or talk about it(or any other music that i dont like for that matter)wouldnt appeal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

ok...

the title sounds a bit naf...heheh...but you get the jist of it?

just a group of peeps getting together..talking about/listening to some of the newest dance tracks/house/dubstep/funkydisco-house/baltimore...

basically a reason for creating a get together of peeps who love that music (none are my mates are)..chillout....mix a bit..have a laugh or two...get to know each other...sort of a thing?..

Just a thought....

anyone up for that? :D

Think its a great idea Teddi , hope something comes of it for ya, not a dj meself but see what your getting at. Alot of my mates are not into the dance scene anymore whether it be dj'ing or going to dance related nights out, so to get a few like minded people together whether they like different genres or not and have a bit of craic etc and share tips , maybe one or two be into producing and get to meet each other in person rather than talking online :) Would of loving something like that years ago when i did have decks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

id be well up for it. im a young lad from the country, after moving up to the big smoke to learn about all things DJ! can never really decide what my favourites genres are but house, techno & trance are the main ones by a long way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

Hey man, I'm defo interested in that. PM me there an I'll send u my details

thanks for the replies guys.....

would just be nice to get a handful of peeps together to have a laugh,, mix together (in my case...attempt to..lol)

nothing serious...just for fun, its always nice to meet people who are passionate about it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Anything to do withy Funky/Disco House then count me in:cool:

• Advertisement

nice one jonny....

another one to add to the list ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You might want to edit your title (and post) there mate - I thought you were trying to set up an actual "Club Night" - now I realise what you are on about.

Yeah I'm on for that. What did u have in mind, how do you think it might work?

I was trying to get a few people together in Dublin for a bit of a mix session, have got a few recruits but have not organised anything just yet, too busy right now. It would just be a few lads in someone's house etc, having a bit of a mix and a laugh. I thought it would be cool to meet some other DJ's, practice and learn from each other, hear new music etc.

If yours was to be bigger you'd need a location and equipment etc. A warehouse, a few PC's and a load of gear - saturday afternoon and a load of lads, could be a lot of fun.....

If you are on facebook check this out: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=38999066592

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

sounds like a good idea, i used to be involved with the DJ Society in DIT i used to love our open decks seseions, dj lesons and just sitting around talking about music and gigs we'd been to and all that.

if you were looking for some ideas about setting up a night in a pub or any thing a friend of mine knows these guys in killkenny that run a night thats all about showcasing your record collection more than mixing tallents, sort of an open decks night i belive it's going quite well

Link:Are Friends Eclectic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

em....

sorry i thought you were talking about people getting together to promote a new club/start a new club as in a club djs play at with a bar, nightclub like? didnt know you meant more of a social club.

not my kind of thing, i am a bit too particular in what i like,(dubstep and certain kinds of techno)its not funky house or baltimore anyway!. nice idea though, its always good to get people together in a community kind of way. good luck with it!

no probs electro..crossed wires ;)

ok..I've edit the post....hopefully not confusing anyone now :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'd be up for this too (time, family and work permitting!). I'm in a similar situation in that most of mates aren't into dance/electronic at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yeah id be well up for this was thinking of doing somthing similar a while ago but neva got around to it!

Count me in e-mail me at vinyljunkie2007@hotmail.com

Tought of a venue and equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paulthom8

Keep us informed of what is happening with this Teddi. I would be happy to hook up with the gang and share tunes/chat and help with the mixing bit.

no probs paul, will do ;)

your in the same position as myself then felix ..

although, I've acquantances who love it...not the same as having mates who are into it.....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

count me in. haven't had a spin in yonks. decks up in my ma's attic, no room here...

:(

bring back the good oul days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

i'd be well intrested too ...

any thoughts on a venue or the likes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gsparx

i might be into this too, time permitting. keep me posted.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

I'd like that, I like the idea of exchanging new tracks etc. Nothing better than the feeling of finding an amazing track and playing it for someone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

I'd also be up for this. What about Spy/Wax as a venue?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Come on Teddi, you have a load of members eager to get going!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

Yup, count me in! Eager to meet other electro heads and expand my horizons in other genres too :D

I have some good equipment to help the cause too.

Let me know! :cool:

Advertisement