Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The English überdatabase

• 19-10-2008 3:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

TheReg is living up to its Logo and tearing lumps of raw flesh from the latest home office plans to know all. Has some big implications for the Irish as i'm sure quite a few Irish will end up in its sticky web. It also won't be long till the Irish Gov decides to implement something along similar lines:eek:
    Of course the Irish Gov will feck it up even more than the Brits & its probably best not to think of the massive overruns on this nightmare.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/16/interception_modernisation_analysis/page2.html

Of course its probably already been built and near completion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Here is something else that is really worrying aswell.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/15/neutrality_in_europe_analysis/

So with this and the help of the new database it won't be long till there is much more censorship on the net. I know the internet has always been partially censored ie China
    I love the names they come up with the names for this stuff "net neutrality" they'll probably censor the word censorship if this crap continues.

The "queen" seems to be endorsing google now :eek:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081016/ap_on_re_eu/eu_britain_queen_google

Looks like serious moves been made in the states with some big financial backers even the RIAA:(

http://tech.slashdot.org/firehose.pl?id=1210001&op=view

Also not to forget anyone think of running off to Oz to escape the database it will be waiting for you on your arrival:pac:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/17/australia_cyber_safety_no_opt_out/

I especially like the diagram given by "TheReg" which shows the great benefits of this IT darkhole cash slush fund probably to the ol database reliable EDS

edit......hhmm i've just replied to myself twice already maybe the "net neutrality" has been neutralised already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I thought I had replied to this previously
    Spoooky

there was a place in north wales recording all the Phone and fax conversations into the UK during the eighties and nineties, 11 storeys without any windows apparently

It has been discussed here before, I'll find a link later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

d0gb0y wrote: »
    It also won't be long till the Irish Gov decides to implement something along similar lines:eek:
    Of course the Irish Gov will feck it up even more than the Brits & its probably best not to think of the massive overruns on this nightmare.

Yup. If they do implement something like this they'll f*ck it up so badly that they'll have to hire a bunch of tech geeks to fix it, costing us much more than the initial cost of setting it up in the first place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Many "Irish" ISP's route traffic through the UK.
    Most of the international traffic goes via the UK / US
    so they have a lot of stuff about us too

they can also link CCTV cameras and mobile phone records in too

only suprising thing is that they haven't deployed more Infrared / Terahertz stuff to look through curtains and walls onto the public CCTV cameras

• Advertisement

If it was big, in Wales & had no windows it was probably a giant sheep with freakin lazers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭andrewlownie101

DubTony wrote: »
    Yup. If they do implement something like this they'll f*ck it up so badly that they'll have to hire a bunch of tech geeks to fix it, costing us much more than the initial cost of setting it up in the first place.

Here we go again. "the government are stupid................."

Why do you hand over 60% of your wages to them????

Cost over runs are planned down to the last penny, its called the gravy train.

Give the contract out to your business mates, tell the plebs it will costs 50m. A few years later and it costs 1 billion, oh they are so stupid.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cost over runs are planned down to the last penny, its called the gravy train.

Give the contract out to your business mates, tell the plebs it will costs 50m. A few years later and it costs 1 billion, oh they are so stupid.
    that's so false
    the M50 bridge only cost £30m not €50m

I don't think the irish gov will actually build one but what I do think they will do is rent some rooms in the UK's, EU's and or US's uberdatabases buildings.
    One big happy spying community :eek:

Advertisement