Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession Food Shopping!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

5 fresh Haddock Fillets, Dunnes Stores Cornelscourt, 10 Euro, this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

My best budget buys:

Tesco original ground coffee (white and red packaging) - 1.80 - I'm a bit of a coffee fanatic, this is the best tasting ground coffee I've found and at this price you can't go wrong.

Tesco value tortilla crisps - 30c - THE best tasting tortilla chips out there, lightly salted. Yummy with homemade salsa.

Aldi tinned tomatos - 30c - good quality for budget tinned tomatoes

Tesco light choices wheat biscuits (i.e. ownbrand weetabix) - my boyf swears by these, says taste and texture is better than weetabix.

LIDL - 6 x 1.5L sparkling water (in green bottles) - 2.99 - I love fizzy water and this beats the big brands hands down (no plasticy or chemical flavour that you sometimes get in other bottled waters).

Aldi parmesan cheese - 3.99 - nice flavour, I grate and mix into spag bol (jamie oliver's ministry of food recipe) for that 'italian restaurant' flavour.

Aldi Bordeaux white wine - 5.99 - lovely fresh tasting white wine, not too sweet and not too dry. Bargain!!

I try and avoid supermarkets for buying meat. In my opinion, better quality and better prices are to be had in your local butcher. Also I hate pre-packaged meats. if I have to buy meat at the supermarket, I'll try and get it at the deli-counter. Means I also cut back on the amount of packaging I have to pay to recycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,519 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I have not watched these but seemed to get good comments where it was posted

http://www.greatdepressioncooking.com/Depression_Cooking/Episodes.html

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement