Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used Car Dealers

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi all - I'm looking at buying a used car in Naas Road Autos - Has anyone used them before? Are they Legit?
    I Have heard some horror stories about used car dealers on the long mile road before.....

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Were they the ones who starred in a Prime Time special before? Possibly not.
    However, irrespective of where you buy a used car from, it should always be inspected by an independent mechanic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

What make and model are you going for - I can tell you if you are getting a good deal?

Tips: ask is car
    1. any outstanding finance
    2. any accident damage
    3. how many previous owners
    4. service history - ask to see documents
    5. any faults
    6. where did you source the car from
    7. has it been sourced from the UK

many more! - mechanical checks are good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

spend the €35 and get a complete cartell check at least, asking the dealer is pretty pointless, a lot of them just tell you what you want to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

There are a couple of dodgy dealers around the naas road/bluebell area. Not necessarily Naas Road Autos though, but its hard to tell as if they get bad press about vrt scams/clocking they just change their trading name.

If I was you I would steer well clear however if you think you see a good deal, get the AA out to check over the car, costs less than 200 quid if I recall correctly, and dont take a late 90's car with 50k miles on the clock at face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Car-dealer wrote: »
    What make and model are you going for - I can tell you if you are getting a good deal?

Tips: ask is car
    1. any outstanding finance
    2. any accident damage
    3. how many previous owners
    4. service history - ask to see documents
    5. any faults
    6. where did you source the car from
    7. has it been sourced from the UK

many more! - mechanical checks are good too!

Thanks for the responses -
    Its a '07 Honda Civic, 2.2 Diesel. They are looking for €21950, but i haven't started to haggle yet!
    I would rather buy of a Honda Dealer but they only seem to have petrol versions at the moment.

Why is important to check if the car has been imported from the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Car-dealer

Hi

I sent you a private message on the prices issue, but I can say publicly and others will agree that there is always room for negotiation, the question is how much room?

Advertisement