Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water sewerage treatment system

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I have an envirocare sewerage treatment system (p6 i think) which has been in for 2 years and up until now has served me fine. It is serviced every year and this year i was told to empty it. It is now filling up after only a few days and my builder wants to fit an electric pump to push the water through it. This is supposed to be a gravity system and i'm worried that this will do damage and cost me extra money. He has fitted a temp pump which seem to back fill, has anyone come accross this b4 and does it solve the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

It would be natural for it to fill up; it may have to fill to a certain level; before it starts working; if as you say it had been working up now; then emptying it; would mean it would operate like when you first installed it; if you can remember, did it take a while to function; I would most likely put in a service call to the people who serviced it; rather than fit a pump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭youtheman

My folks have the same system. The only problem they had is that the complete tank worked its way out of the ground (due to a high water table). Looked like a boat floating in the back yard. Had to dig it out of the ground and set it in concrete.

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I'd be inclined to ignore the builder, and get the service engineer to visit the site and get him to suggest a remedy.

All I know is that's is supposed to fill up with liquid (in my folks case, it's absoultely vital that it is not emptied or the external buoyancy force will cause it to rise out of the ground again). The 'clean' water is pumped out of the system through some perforated pipes and soaks into the ground. The 'sludge' will build up over time, and will have to be emptied (maybe once year). I also know there is an external 'panel' that will give an alarm if it's not working properly. You need to remove the cover a check it. In my folks case we were looking at fitting a beacon that would give them notice of a fault (this is an optional extra).

It is a gravity based system. If the inlet of the tank is above the outlet from the house then you have a problem, and you may have to pump 'up' to the tank. Or you may have to drop the tank (but surely this should have been done when it was installed).

Advertisement