Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

torrent speeds very slow (ntl)

Options
  • 19-10-2008 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

a while back, like weeks or months ago i got blazing speeds over 1mb/s. and on steam i can still download games at 2.2mb/s.

but my torrents have gone painfully slow. i get like 10kb/s download speed on most torrents if i am lucky. in fact one of them right now has 39 seeds and only getting 0.3kb/s download speed. i tried the 'protocol encryption' stuff in utorrent. i tried forwarding the ports on my router and also tried connecting directly from modem.

but my speeds are still terrible.

is there any way to get my speed back again or should i move provider? what is a good broadband provider in dublin with extremely fast speeds and none of this BS?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Read the sticky. It contains information regarding this matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TLG

didn't help

Advertisement