Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crysis wars, very shaky, bad framerate until after a while of exploring the map

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

it seems like after i have explored the map for a while it has it cached or something and then it runs smoothly. but how do i fix this so that it is smooth as soon as i join a server?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

How does the single player run? Maybe you've got the settings too high

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TLG wrote: »
    it seems like after i have explored the map for a while it has it cached or something and then it runs smoothly. but how do i fix this so that it is smooth as soon as i join a server?

I have this issue also, but it resolves itself within 5 seconds. It seems some of the higher definition textures only get loaded when you are actually in the game itself.

How long does it take to resolve itself with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TLG

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I have this issue also, but it resolves itself within 5 seconds. It seems some of the higher definition textures only get loaded when you are actually in the game itself.

How long does it take to resolve itself with you?
    too long, like a number of minutes.

ttt

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What are your specs and what settings/resolution are you running the game at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Whats the multiplayer like on it? I bought it around 2 months ago and havent even taken of the plastic, hooked on WAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i used to play the original crysis multiplayer a lot. Mainly for the power struggle mode which is battlefield 2 style gameplay.

Warhead multiplayer is improved version of crysis with better balancing and a new team deathmatch mode, id recommend to try it if you have it. I pretty much got warhead just for the multiplayer.

What are your specs and what settings/resolution are you running the game at?
    dual core 3ghz
    2gb ram, memtested so no problems iwith it
    9800gtx graphics card

no matter which the resolution the problem happens doesnt matter whether its 1024x768 or 1680 widescreen f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭frozenbullet

cool ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

TLG wrote: »
    dual core 3ghz
    2gb ram, memtested so no problems iwith it
    9800gtx graphics card

no matter which the resolution the problem happens doesnt matter whether its 1024x768 or 1680 widescreen f

Are You sure you're not trying with antialiasing enabled?

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Are You sure you're not trying with antialiasing enabled?

Yes i am sure. It's not a problem with my crysis wars settings being too high, please think of something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Backflip_party

I have the same issue with the game....I stopped playing about 3 hours in.

see, another person has the problem

how do i fix it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 PeterStolze

It happens to me too, once i have explored the map fully it has no trouble "remembering" all the textures etc... but it lags a little when first reaching an area. Highly annoying on the original crysis, being on one frame a second in the prototype facility against someone with a minigun.
    One way to solve it is to use the spectate feature to move around the map and clear it of teh lagz before joining (on normal crysis anyway, i haven't played warhead online yet). Hope that helps anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

You need more RAM. 2GB's is not enough for Crysis. 4GB's should be a minimum, go for 8GB's if you're using Vista x64 as DDRII is dirt cheap now.

Crysis Warhead would use at least 2.8GB's of RAM in some of the more intense areas. Also, if you are using Vista, that alone is known to use at least 1GB of RAM just sitting idle.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    You need more RAM. 2GB's is not enough for Crysis. 4GB's should be a minimum, go for 8GB's if you're using Vista x64 as DDRII is dirt cheap now.

Crysis Warhead would use at least 2.8GB's of RAM in some of the more intense areas. Also, if you are using Vista, that alone is known to use at least 1GB of RAM just sitting idle.
    wtf? 2.8gb of ram? it uses around 1gb on my computer. and i have xp not vista.

Advertisement