Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car VRT'd as wrong car

Options
  • 19-10-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Quick question. I've been to see a BMW 318iS which was VRT'd 2 years ago as a 318Ti Compact.

I'm trying to get the UK reg to make sure that it was a 318iS before and not a ringer, and assuming it is genuine, will the revenue change the model to a 318iS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

another consideration, i dont know the answer or even if there is a question, is that if your details are incorrect on the insurance you wont get a payout int he case of an accident.
    Is this too small a detail anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Call a VRO and ask, you really need to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

notsamhail wrote: »
    another consideration, i dont know the answer or even if there is a question, is that if your details are incorrect on the insurance you wont get a payout int he case of an accident.
    Is this too small a detail anyone ?
    Wrong car = no insurance would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I would insure it as a 318iS regardless as thats what it is.

I guess I need to ring the VRO, was just hoping I could get an answer today.

Right, rang them this morning.

Basically, it is possible but there would be more VRT due on the car. It would get quite messy as the car was VRT'd in Sligo and I live in Dublin. She said it could take weeks.

Think I might leave it tbh, it's a great bargain but it's in a bit of a mess and I don't want any hassle when I come to sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Just fill out an rf111 form and tell the tax office your changing vehicle description on the the tax book as your not happy with the description on it, they will send it away to shannon and you will get the new book in the post with the correct details on it, that was a common scam a few years to get lower vrt calculations.

Is it that simple?

Seems a bit too easy. I'll re-reg every 3 series I bring in as a 316i from now on so :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 karlx5

commited wrote: »
    I would insure it as a 318iS regardless as thats what it is.

I guess I need to ring the VRO, was just hoping I could get an answer today.

keep away :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

+1

Walk away and count it as a bullet dodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Mistakes do happen though. Some plonker in either Joe Duffy or the registration office put my car through as a 325 so that's what it says on my log book. The tax details sadly, were done correctly.

I wouldn't even bother trying to work through the painful process of getting someone in Shannon to sort it out.

• Advertisement

I've decided to leave it. She didn't want to make it cheap enough to be worth it.

I've gone back on the hunt for an e30.

Advertisement