Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Size of tv

• 19-10-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Well lads,
    Im just wondering how big I can go with my tv that it wont dominate the room,
    Ive seen a nice 46 inch panasonic but im afraid it will look to big,
    ill be putting it in the corner of the room on a stand,
    The room is 20 ft by 14 ft which is a good size so im hoping that ill be able to get away with it but i might have to go 42 inch!!
    Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Ashfield wrote: »
    Well lads,
    Im just wondering how big I can go with my tv that it wont dominate the room,
    Ive seen a nice 46 inch panasonic but im afraid it will look to big,
    ill be putting it in the corner of the room on a stand,
    The room is 20 ft by 14 ft which is a good size so im hoping that ill be able to get away with it but i might have to go 42 inch!!
    Thanks for any advice
    My room is the same size, I have decided to go for a 42" for what its worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Ashfield

thanks for the reply,
    do you have it on a corner unit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have a 50" in a 12ft long bedroom. it doesn't dominate. You;d be surprised how quick it settles into your room and you don't notice the size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

You may laugh, but use a piece of cardboard as a template to give you an idea of the size.

What dominates a room depends on personal taste and is a matter of opinion. I reckon I'd go for 42" as it's in a corner unit and will jutt out more.

ya thanks for the replies lads,
    ill give that cardboard a go to check it out,
    just dont want it to dominate the room
    thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I did a scaled 3D mockup in Gooles SketchUp program to see how it would look with differnat size TV's. Bit OTT but I wanted to check colours, layout and other stuff as well. Worked well and gave me a very good impression of what it would look like.

Rew wrote: »
    I did a scaled 3D mockup in Gooles SketchUp program to see how it would look with differnat size TV's. Bit OTT but I wanted to check colours, layout and other stuff as well. Worked well and gave me a very good impression of what it would look like.

Sounds good,
    Thats the first i heard about Gooles SketchUp,
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its very effective, do the video turorials (and there are loads more on YouTube) and you will ge the general idea. Bits of it are abit hard but the result can be very worth it.

65321.jpg

Advertisement