Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting 2 routers

Options
  • 19-10-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to get thing works in my head but not really sure if it is possible at all.

Currently, I have a Linksys WRT54PG2 wireless router with VoIP port connected to UPC broadband in the living room. It is all working fine at the moment. The only drawback is the wireless network seems to be limiting the UPC 20Mbps download speed especially in my bedroom. I'm only getting half the signal and download speed.

What I am thinking to do is to get a wireless N router possibly D-Link 635 and upgrade my PC too with a wireless N network adapter. My ultimate objectives are too keep the VoIP running on the Linksys while the D-Link router does the rest of the networking job, and also to get the maximum UPC download speed.

Is it possible, if so will it be feasible? Is there any other alternative, cheaper and easier?

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Mart

Advertisement