Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Shops?

• 19-10-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Are there any Pet Shops in Waterford where you can buy dogs or do people normally just buy them privately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

i have never seen dogs for sale in any of the pet shops down here... seems kinda cruel to keep em ina shop all day.. most people go through breeders.. google the irish breeders assoc or somethgin i think thats where i found the breeder when i was getting a dog years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭eimearos

hey. if you ring the pet shops/vets, they usually always have ads sent in from people who want to sell animals, you should also try the local papers, they always have ads selling dogs/pups every week. they were the options i looked at when i was looking to get two kittens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Why go to the pet shop....do something even better go to the pound....save a dog..poor little mites

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The pound usually has lots ready for a good home, then there are special homes and private sellers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea go to the pound seriously. I have 2 dogs the last one was from the pound and shes great. Also agree with the saving the dogs aswell my 1st dog got out from the backyard once.. we found her a few weeks later in the pound, your man out there said she was planned to be put down soon :eek:

If you go in.. Pick the dog that comes up to the gate to you! They would be the most friendly.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

http://www.ispca.ie/content/munster.html

I've rescued a dog from the ISPCA before, I'd highly recommend them, you just have to give a donation to them (min donation is 50 quid) they'll come out check over your place to make sure it's the right house for a dog, and if things don't go right you can always give the dog back, and they'll try to rehome it again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

im with junior on this i got my last 2 dogs off the ispca absolutely great dogs and the chap who brought the dog was so professional .
    making sure the dog was right for us and vice versa
    also your saving a dog and not supporting someone running a puppy farm for profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Thanks for the advice guys. Will give the pound a visit when the time comes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

The pound is a great option, and another that you could consider is to call into the vets around waterford, as they normally have contact details for people who want to rehome dogs too due to whatever reason (moving abroad etc), or people who's bitches have had a litter and they're looking to home some of the pups, so either option you go for, you are "saving" a doggie :)

Advertisement