Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it worth buying a new car now? (skoda octavia 1.9TDi

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

whiterebel wrote: »
    Thats the strange thing. They will give me the trade in price against what was originally the straight price........I thought brining a trade-in would cock up the deal, but seemingly not. The Passat can be knocked out handy enough to trade it seems. Trying to sell the Passat privately means I could be without a car for 6 weeks if someone was keen on it.

You would more than likely get 1500 ++ off on a straight deal, especially if it something they have in stock. Keep your Passat, sell it on for 1500, your then up on a 3000+ saving on the car. I'm sure a Passat Tdi will make more than 1500.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You would more than likely get 1500 ++ off on a straight deal, especially if it something they have in stock. Keep your Passat, sell it on for 1500, your then up on a 3000+ saving on the car. I'm sure a Passat Tdi will make more than 1500.

I asked him for a straight cash price first. He gave me €39K for an A4 TDi. Next time I spoke to him, I asked if it would be possible to trade, and he said ok, knock another 1500 off the straight price, so its the same thing.

Advertisement