Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

V5? New model by BMW

Options
  • 19-10-2008 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

2010-bmw-pas-crossover-3.jpg
    BMW’s new model PAS (Progressive Activity Sedan) will be sized between 5-series and 7 series. The car will most likely be called V5 and is expected to be the first car in the V-series range. Once introduced more cars in the V-series should follow(V3, V1).

Power will come most likely from BMW’s 3.0-liter V6, featuring both gasoline and diesel versions. Eventually more powerful V8 versions will also be added. Even hybrid version is a possibility.

Click here to see more pics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Moses7 wrote: »
    Power will come most likely from BMW’s 3.0-liter V6
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Good Jesus, don't tell me they are inventing another ugly category of car!

I still love the shape of the older BM's the E46, E39, even the E60 5 series, I haven't seen a good looking new release from the lads in Bavaria in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Pat Keogh in Limerick have it.

Saw it this morning. The front has changed radically from the picture on this thread.

The rear is still that new shape but not as pronounced. It does not look as bad as the original pictures on this thread.

The rear looks more like the new shape of the SUV, that sweeping tail. Im not sure its going to be a runner myself for the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Pat Keogh in Limerick have it.

Saw it this morning. The front has changed radically from the picture on this thread.

The rear is still that new shape but not as pronounced. It does not look as bad as the original pictures on this thread.

The rear looks more like the new shape of the SUV, that sweeping tail. Im not sure its going to be a runner myself for the group.

Is it the X6 you are thinking of?

Also strange news to see them abandon the straight 6 in favour of a V6 seeing as they have been using straight six since day dot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Is it the X6 you are thinking of?

Also strange news to see them abandon the straight 6 in favour of a V6 seeing as they have been using straight six since day dot. :D

Defo not the X6. This was an out and out Saloon put in a prominent position on the forecourt so that anybody passing on the road would see it. Big shiny decal on the side of it to attract our atttention.

I would have known the X6 on its sheer size, especially because I think its hideous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

FAIL This car will be commercial suicide, I haven't seen an ugly a car since the Nissan Tiida

I think its hideous.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Defo not the X6. This was an out and out Saloon put in a prominent position on the forecourt so that anybody passing on the road would see it. Big shiny decal on the side of it to attract our atttention.

I would have known the X6 on its sheer size, especially because I think its hideous.

I'd say this is what you are looking at in Pat Keoghs:

CB4_1221687_1_864667.jpg
    CB4_1221687_2_864670.jpg

The V5 hasn't been launched yet.

Both pointless vehicles by BMW, considering how successful the current BMW range is you'd wonder why they feel the need to invent stupid niche models like this which inevidably will water down the brand.

bazz26 wrote: »
    considering how successful the current BMW range is you'd wonder why they feel the need to invent stupid niche models like this

Premiership footballers & the like.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd say this is what you are looking at in Pat Keoghs
    Or a 7 series perhaps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

That X6 looks like it's outside Maxwells.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

zing wrote: »
    Or a 7 series perhaps ?

A 7 Series still looks like a regular saloon car though.

The odd looking car park in front of his showroom for the last week or two is the X6 though.
    That X6 looks like it's outside Maxwells.

I only used those photos as an example of the X6.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

An ungainly looking thing. Was it not once the job of Mercedes to supply niches nobody demanded?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

qz wrote: »
    An ungainly looking thing. Was it not once the job of Mercedes to supply niches nobody demanded?

How can you say that when you can't even see the real bodywork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The X6 was sold out for the year several months ago.

*Some* people evidently *do* want these type of cars unfortunately.

BMW seem to be going through a phase of "how ugly can me make our cars and still convince enough people to buy them", this phase started back in 2002 with the E65 7 series, and unfortunately it is still ongoing.

The only glimmer of hope is that the E90 3 series, E70 X5 and most recently the F01 7 series are going back to more traditional BMW designs(especially the F01 which is such a huge improvement on the E65 though they didn't exactly have to try hard to improve on the E65), but none of them have the driver focus dash, which is plain wrong in a so called "ultimate driving machine".

Then again we have the E84 X1 on the way, which is hideous, and the next Z4 will have a 4 cylinder diesel(admittedly the new twin turbo lump, but a diesel, never mind a 4 cylinder diesel has no place in a roadster, especially an "ultimate driving machine" roadster) apparently because BMW is aiming for the Audi TT rather than the Porsche Boxster with this new car according to some:rolleyes::eek::mad::(!

Advertisement