Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which provider?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's not clear why as a new customer you would be tied to BT, as eircom own and must enable the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Thats why it was a question!

Other than that issue any advice on the rest of the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭brophis

tonc76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    BT 6mb option 2 bundle for €56 per month unlimited local and national calls http://www.btireland.ie/AtHome_bb_totaltalk.shtml
    Just a note on that BT option 2 bundle, that's just for ADSL2+ areas, otherwise it's 3mb. Option 3 gives the 7.6 on non ADSL2+ exchanges. To my knowledge.

brophis wrote: »
    Just a note on that BT option 2 bundle, that's just for ADSL2+ areas, otherwise it's 3mb. Option 3 gives the 7.6 on non ADSL2+ exchanges. To my knowledge.

Thanks didn't pick that up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

have you checked with NTL to see if they offer BB in your area? Do you know if your on an LLU/ADSL2+ exchange or not? They'd open up a lot of options for you

• Advertisement

have you checked with NTL to see if they offer BB in your area? Do you know if your on an LLU/ADSL2+ exchange or not? They'd open up a lot of options for you

Sent an email to ntl last week after checking their website to see whether bb was available in my area. Got no reply back after a week so rang their number to be told that bb is "not available and the website shouldn't have shown that!"

Do know whether I'm on LLU/ADSL2+ exchange? Am on Shankill exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Alfla

Hey guys,

While this thread is going thought I'd add to it. Thinking of getting NTL bb and wondering if anyone has experience with this? Fast, reliable, not going to explode and kill our goldfish?

Have eircom at the mo but wanna get NTL TV and the bb TV landline combo is much cheaper than keeping it all separate.

If you have experience with NTL give me a shout, for what's it worth the eircom bb we have now is fast and reliable, only the 3gb download limit is a bit of a joke.

Alfla wrote: »
    Hey guys,

While this thread is going thought I'd add to it. Thinking of getting NTL bb and wondering if anyone has experience with this? Fast, reliable, not going to explode and kill our goldfish?

Have eircom at the mo but wanna get NTL TV and the bb TV landline combo is much cheaper than keeping it all separate.

If you have experience with NTL give me a shout, for what's it worth the eircom bb we have now is fast and reliable, only the 3gb download limit is a bit of a joke.

Had ntl at last address and had no problems. Service was 3mb at the time and was always >2.6mb. Was told when moving that bb was available here - so in my experience (and what seems to be a common opinion) ntl are great unless you have a problem in which case support is pathetic and trying to contact them is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

NTL are good for Broadband but as stated if you have a problem, customer service isn't great.
    You will probably have to take a minimum of a 1 year contract with
    whoever you sign up to.
    Worth while when you ring to say you can get blah, blah, blah off somebody else and say you're checking what they will offer.
    If it's the choice between you joining up or not, you can always try to get something more, like a free wireless modem or extra month free etc.
    Costs you nothing to ask and you'll be no worse off then you were before you asked.

Advertisement